Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as its not me that has IBS but my son ts to hard to find what food makes my son worse- as he doesnt talk about it- basiacly everything goes straight through him- but we are (listen to me- i mean he is) improving with the fibregel hyspaghula husk- which i think is a MUST- even if it doesnt cure d. it seems to help the frequency of it and deffinately helps with the odor- anway what my question is- does pure fruit juice make anyone worse?my son has pure aple juice ever day several glasses of it and as he doesnt cmplain ive kept giving it to him, its a silly question but shall i knock this on the head and gve him water?ts hard when everything goes straight throughy ou anyway- you get to think there is no point in ommitting certain food groups as they are all a nightmare anyway- but was just needing feedbac frm people as i dont get it frm my sn who is a teenage and doesnt want to talk about bowel movements- its hard enough work getting him to drink the hyspaghula husk each day without talking about IBS.anyway- certain feedback on fruitjuices would be good and other things to avoid- he stays away from fatty foods as he has been on a diet for months now a nyway- and he doesnt drink caffeine, its just the drinks and what about bread?

·
Registered
476 Posts
I think the common answer to this question is....everyone is different!I am sure that there are people out there who don't have a problem with apple juice, BUT, I do know that I can't drink it.My choice is water.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Fruits and fruit juices can bother some people. Can't predict if he will tolerate them or not.http://www.askdrsears.com/html/4/T042600.asp#T042601 has a list of fruits less likely to add to diarrhea and more likely to add to diarrhea.I would probably not give someone with diarrhea a lot of apple or pear juice as they can loosen stools. Which is good if you are constipated, but not so good if you already have diarrhea.See if he would drink white grape juice instead, it is less likely to cause problems.Cooking fruits that can make them better tolerated as the sorbitol is destroyed by heat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.