Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the crampy pains that feels like my bowels are spasm bowel movement will help, that kind of pain can get really bad. Then I have this kinda pain right around my belly button that feels like what I would describe as a pure old belly ache, like I ate green apples. This I think is caused by gas. Sometimes my bowels moving will help this kind of pain too, but it lingers longer than the other and can go on off and on all day and last for days. My bowels don't feel like they are having spasm's in them with this type of pain. I usually also pass alot of gas with this type of pain. Does anyone else have this and what do you do for it? God Bless

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Pain is a defining symptom of IBS (ALL three of the symptoms used for diagnois are pain and discomfort when.....kinda thing). How much pain and where and the quality of it can be highly variable.Typically for pain you are looking at one of three approaches.Antispasmodics (un-cramp the colon) usually by prescription. Peppermint is an herb that can do this (but may make heartburn worse as it relaxes the sphincter there as well as the colon).Antidepressants. They do LOTS of things besides just mess with the nerves in your brain. One of the things they do is block pain transmission. Mind-body work. Your brain can be also used to alter pain perception and transmission. Various techniques can train you to do this.K.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Pain is a defining symptom of IBS (ALL three of the symptoms used for diagnois are pain and discomfort when.....kinda thing). How much pain and where and the quality of it can be highly variable.Typically for pain you are looking at one of three approaches.Antispasmodics (un-cramp the colon) usually by prescription. Peppermint is an herb that can do this (but may make heartburn worse as it relaxes the sphincter there as well as the colon).Antidepressants. They do LOTS of things besides just mess with the nerves in your brain. One of the things they do is block pain transmission. Mind-body work. Your brain can be also used to alter pain perception and transmission. Various techniques can train you to do this.K.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.