Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,I have a problem, because I don't know who to trust! A friend told me, that he is using for IBS treatment some natural pills... but I don't know if this could really help? I don't want to waste my money on some herbal pills, so I would like to know, if anyone knows this product 'Bowtrol'? Friend told me, that he is buying it online from bowtrol.onlineremedystore.comHere I allready found so many good IBS info and now I know, that I am not the only one in the world with this problem...Thanks in advance, Mihael

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I use a flavonoid supplement (grape seed, etc), which works for me. In my case, I was using it to control my cholesterol and the IBS relief has been a wonderful and unexpected "side effect." Depending on what the Bowtrol costs, it shouldn't hurt to try and it may turn out to be wonderful. Mark

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
The ingredients look like things you could buy at the healthfood store for much less money. (at least they tell you the ingredients which is better than a lot of these things that just say how great they work)The "cleanser" has all the usual cathartic laxative herbs with some peppermint that may ease spasms (but the peppermint oil in Altoids you buy cheap at the grocery store will do that)The second part is a probiotic supplement. There are many probitoics on the market and there usually isn't any evidence that any one preparation is that much more special than any other. A few like VSL#3, Align, Culturelle and some others have published clinical data but most of what you see for any of them is sales pitch and not much else.Product three is activated charcoal (which doesn't seem to have a good track record among users for as much as it gets pushed and cannot really do what they say it does anyway) and a clay. You can get this sort of thing at the healthfood store as well.I'd at least do a price comparison. There isn't anything special in these products compared to most of the other "cures" that people peddle for IBS.K.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been using probiotics that have improved my ISB however it is still hit or miss, I am curious about the posting from Mark that is using Flavonoid supplements. I have not heard of them and am wondering if this is a herbal supplement, where this can be found and if it works for IBS with D, also what doseage your using. Thanks Connie

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Sometimes there is so much information here that it makes it impossible for anyone to make a choice, for fear that they will pick the wrong treatment, pay too much, get scammed, etc. I remember one woman who was on the board for about a year before she finally tried Caltrate. It worked. She had an additional year of d that wasn't "necessary."I use something called Provex CV. As I mentioned, when I began taking it I had no expectation that my IBS was to become a thing of the past. It was just a wonderful occurance in a life that had been steadily spiralling down. This is my story: http://ibsgroup.org/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f...0261/m/42310453Unfortunately, it is made by a customer marketed company; however, the insights they have brought to flavonoid absorption have made that a small problem.Mark

·
Registered
31 Posts
I drink aloe vera juice to help with my IBS-D. My main problem all along has been terrible gas when I eat. Gas that doesn't come out. It is like a bubbling sensation. The aloe vera juice helps to promote better belching for me. Until I started drinking it, I didn't realize that I had pretty much stopped belching. And before IBS, I was a real healthy belcher. I take Fruit of the Earth, wild berry flavor, aloe vera juice; and I get it at my local Wal-Mart.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
People with diarrhea need to be careful with aloe preparations.Some contain significant latex and you can't always tell which ones from the label.Aloe latex is a stimulatory laxative. It is very bitter so with some juices you may be able to tell by taste.K.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I use Heather's Tummy Care mixed into Activia (Dannon). It took almost 6 weeks for it to work, but after chronic explosive D and C all my life, I am now completly regular - every day, like clockwork. I am really happy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.