In the beginning my husband was in lala land. Now by seeing me and what I go through, my husband over time is pretty much 90% very supportive. The other 10% I realize I have to look out for myself, where he would be absent minded. I try to not fly off the handle, when he wants to go for a 2 mile walk, or things I wish I could do but can't, but make a joke out of it. Joking about it does help. However, if hubby is stupid, try exlax on him, he may get the picture. Oh, be out and about when he's eaten it. No joke. it will shut him up fast.