Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
5,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Came across apple cider vinegar on net and it's benefit in controlling PH level, killing off bad bacteria,etc. Does it work for constipation. Anybody used it long term? How much and when to take it? What is your feedback. Please reply

· Registered
2,194 Posts
I usually take two tablespoons of ACV diluted with water every night before I go to bed. It helps relieve constipation, at least somewhat.

Note: Make sure to brush your teeth afterwards, ACV can erode tooth enamel.

· Registered
3 Posts
I usually take two tablespoons of ACV diluted with water every night before I go to bed. It helps relieve constipation, at least somewhat.

Note: Make sure to brush your teeth afterwards, ACV can erode tooth enamel.
Hi
I have ibs C since 24 yrs .
I recently tried using apple cider vinegar to aid my digestion.

My experience
1. I have become acidic.I feel Acid reflux in my throat.
2.My stomach is taking more time to empty...have to do more than 4 times.
3.i had tried using acv tablet earlier....that was ok..just once a day...for burps .I have had a lot of burping.
4. I have mouth ulcers. Now. ....I think it may be due to the apple cider vinegar adding...3 times a day
..1 table Spoon or so....
5. Today was my last day trying the acv .
I will post if my mouth ulcers go away and if the ibs comes back to what it was the 2 times in the morning...no bloating and no gas rumble.

My diet before the acv mistake:

I was doing the below and it helped me a lot...my Motions reduced to half and I would finish my business in the morning..no going in the evening no bloating after eating even little food.

1. I went on a low low carb diet.
2. Increased the fat intake.
3. Had fruits and salad in my diet.
4. Started my day with peakbiob boost 1 spoon.you can chk online for this product. No I am not selling this product or getting a cut. Just want to help anyone who suffers from this ibs demon.
5.The rumbling in the stomach almost stopped.
I have tried even alovera juice and wheat grass powder..all these helped. Even a probiotic at night time.

So I thought I have reached a solution..but it seems the apple cider vinegar has spoilt my heaven ......going to stop taking it shall let you knw if I reach my balance again.

My suggestion start with one product at a time:
Alovera juice....once a day
It is a natural laxative and had no side effects.
Wheat grass...helped the spaces/rumbling in the tummy...
Peakbioboost helped the process to go from 5 times to 2 times ..with not much straining.
Have lots of water and relax.
I am an active person and exercise regularly and i hate how ibs has put my life in arrest!!!
Cheers!

· Registered
2,194 Posts
Sorry to hear about the side effects you had and I would also discontinue using it if that happened to me. I have been taking 3 teaspoons of it (diluted with water) for about 4 years now, every morning. It's nasty but it helps me.

· Registered
127 Posts
Hi
I have ibs C since 24 yrs .
I recently tried using apple cider vinegar to aid my digestion.

My experience
1. I have become acidic.I feel Acid reflux in my throat.
2.My stomach is taking more time to empty...have to do more than 4 times.
3.i had tried using acv tablet earlier....that was ok..just once a day...for burps .I have had a lot of burping.
4. I have mouth ulcers. Now. ....I think it may be due to the apple cider vinegar adding...3 times a day
..1 table Spoon or so....
5. Today was my last day trying the acv .
I will post if my mouth ulcers go away and if the ibs comes back to what it was the 2 times in the morning...no bloating and no gas rumble.

My diet before the acv mistake:

I was doing the below and it helped me a lot...my Motions reduced to half and I would finish my business in the morning..no going in the evening no bloating after eating even little food.

1. I went on a low low carb diet.
2. Increased the fat intake.
3. Had fruits and salad in my diet.
4. Started my day with peakbiob boost 1 spoon.you can chk online for this product. No I am not selling this product or getting a cut. Just want to help anyone who suffers from this ibs demon.
5.The rumbling in the stomach almost stopped.
I have tried even alovera juice and wheat grass powder..all these helped. Even a probiotic at night time.

So I thought I have reached a solution..but it seems the apple cider vinegar has spoilt my heaven ......going to stop taking it shall let you knw if I reach my balance again.

My suggestion start with one product at a time:
Alovera juice....once a day
It is a natural laxative and had no side effects.
Wheat grass...helped the spaces/rumbling in the tummy...
Peakbioboost helped the process to go from 5 times to 2 times ..with not much straining.
Have lots of water and relax.
I am an active person and exercise regularly and i hate how ibs has put my life in arrest!!!
Cheers!
Hi Anna,

Yeah, it sucks that it seems ACV didn't work for you. I'm curious what brand of ACV did you use? Also, what dosage? Did you drink ACV straight up or did you dilute in water?
Before ACV really helped me, it was kind of ambiguous or not much of a difference at all. What I mean is, early in my IBS, I think I had so much crap inside of me, that ACV confused me on what it did. I think I may have experienced a stomach rumbling once or twice when I first used ACV. But at that point I had a lot of gas and bad IBS too. I would guess this was the bad bacteria fighting back turning my stomach over?
I don't know.
But after doing the low carb diet (like you) and several treatments to get rid of different parasites (C.difficile, H.Pylori, and other stuff), ACV has really helped me for several years.

Anyway, your system may already be acidic enough for incubating good bacteria, so you may not need the extra acid. If one day you do think you need a little more acid, maybe you can try lemon/lime water (half lemon or lime in 8-10 oz water). I see you have IBS-c, so if you're stuck and you want some movement a warm/hot water with lemon/lime shoudl help.
Again, this is assuming you want/need a little more acidic environment too (you mentioned you got acid reflux).

I would just straight up take my probiotics, if you're digestive system is already acidic inside.

And yes, I'm glad you find a fiber that works for you (peakbioboost), that is definitely key for us IBSers.
Peakbioboost wouldn't work well for me because I don't do well with Inulin or Fructooligosaccharides, one gives me Diarrhea, the other causes gas for a good amount of time (not just a one off).

· Registered
3 Posts
Hi Anna, Yeah, it sucks that it seems ACV didn't work for you. I'm curious what brand of ACV did you use? Also, what dosage? Did you drink ACV straight up or did you dilute in water? Before ACV really helped me, it was kind of ambiguous or not much of a difference at all. What I mean is, early in my IBS, I think I had so much crap inside of me, that ACV confused me on what it did. I think I may have experienced a stomach rumbling once or twice when I first used ACV. But at that point I had a lot of gas and bad IBS too. I would guess this was the bad bacteria fighting back turning my stomach over? I don't know. But after doing the low carb diet (like you) and several treatments to get rid of different parasites (C.difficile, H.Pylori, and other stuff), ACV has really helped me for several years. Anyway, your system may already be acidic enough for incubating good bacteria, so you may not need the extra acid. If one day you do think you need a little more acid, maybe you can try lemon/lime water (half lemon or lime in 8-10 oz water). I see you have IBS-c, so if you're stuck and you want some movement a warm/hot water with lemon/lime shoudl help. Again, this is assuming you want/need a little more acidic environment too (you mentioned you got acid reflux). I would just straight up take my probiotics, if you're digestive system is already acidic inside. And yes, I'm glad you find a fiber that works for you (peakbioboost), that is definitely key for us IBSers. Peakbioboost wouldn't work well for me because I don't do well with Inulin or Fructooligosaccharides, one gives me Diarrhea, the other causes gas for a good amount of time (not just a one off).
Hi I used it 3 times a day and 1 table Spoon diluted....drink with a straw....add rinse my mouth after that. I stopped it completely...the acidity has gone away alrdy...I was using the brags one with the mother. I do use hot water in the morning....I forgot to mention that there is yoga for constipation....and that may have also helped my Motions to reduce .that definitely has no side effects...so u may try as well..if you have ibs C. I am now trying back to go back to 2 times a day ....try wheat grass powder.....I have heard some other ibs patients recommend it too!! Cheers! Anna

· Registered
3 Posts
Hi Anna,

Yeah, it sucks that it seems ACV didn't work for you. I'm curious what brand of ACV did you use? Also, what dosage? Did you drink ACV straight up or did you dilute in water?
Before ACV really helped me, it was kind of ambiguous or not much of a difference at all. What I mean is, early in my IBS, I think I had so much crap inside of me, that ACV confused me on what it did. I think I may have experienced a stomach rumbling once or twice when I first used ACV. But at that point I had a lot of gas and bad IBS too. I would guess this was the bad bacteria fighting back turning my stomach over?
I don't know.
But after doing the low carb diet (like you) and several treatments to get rid of different parasites (C.difficile, H.Pylori, and other stuff), ACV has really helped me for several years.

Anyway, your system may already be acidic enough for incubating good bacteria, so you may not need the extra acid. If one day you do think you need a little more acid, maybe you can try lemon/lime water (half lemon or lime in 8-10 oz water). I see you have IBS-c, so if you're stuck and you want some movement a warm/hot water with lemon/lime shoudl help.
Again, this is assuming you want/need a little more acidic environment too (you mentioned you got acid reflux).

I would just straight up take my probiotics, if you're digestive system is already acidic inside.

And yes, I'm glad you find a fiber that works for you (peakbioboost), that is definitely key for us IBSers.
Peakbioboost wouldn't work well for me because I don't do well with Inulin or Fructooligosaccharides, one gives me Diarrhea, the other causes gas for a good amount of time (not just a one off).
Hi!!

After stopping the acv my acidity has vanished.
Maybe I overdid it.
3 times a day....1 table Spoon diluted.
I used braggs.

You can try wheat grass powder.
I also forgot ro mention that I do yoga for constipation.
I believe that too moves things for me.
Cheers !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts