Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently have been diagnosed with IBS. ive just started becoming sick with the symptoms. i recently started to have burning pain when i unrinate. is this a symptom of ibs?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Welcome user115
I used to work in a physician's office and when someone had burning urination, we would test them for urinary tract infections. If you are having burning urination, you should see your doctor for an antibiotic.To prevent UTIs in the future: drink plenty of water, wipe front to back, and don't soak in bubble baths etc. (Assuming you are female) Also, it's helpful to urinate immediately after sex.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Hi and welcome user115, My daughter has gotten urinary tract infections a few times in her life and her doc tells her to drink plenty of cranberry juice.yuk, Cranberry/apple juice works too and tastes alot better. Thats if you have a uti. I have not experienced a uti with IBS.

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
i get plagued with this, but i dont get the burning sensation..I have to go to the hospital on tues and they will monitor how much times i am urinating, i have got a graph that i need to fill in at home and take it with me...I am really hoping to get the operation again to strectch the bladder, and hope it works this time..

G

·
Good luck Jools - god your bladder and mine kidder - lets send the buggers off on a holly together and trade them in for 2 sparkly brand new ones.Yes, Brett thats good advice - cranberry juice is pretty bazzin for treating cystitis - I've been a good girl and been drinking plenty of that and dear old plain tap water - does help. Also, without being too scuzzy - watch your wiping habits - sorry this is not directed at Brett - can't see the original bod who posted here. Front to back dear!!Sue

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Sue, You are soooo funny. You make my day.LOL I am a man but have a daughter and son and teach them good hygiene. Always wipe outwards.lol. And yes, cranberry juice is BAZZIN.. A six pack of coors light will do the trick too, flushes out the system for sure!!

G

·
Thanks doll - just hiding in here from armies of sprogs - actually they are all watching the red (and NOT bloody Man United - I mean the real red LFC) so I'm just haning around in here for the mome.Sue

G

·
Yeah thats right Jools - I'm not supposed to be here really - I've got my little sis over from Ireland and her 2 boys (10 and 3) who are fabbo but very, very high maintenance!! So, its now 1.15am and I'm going to toddle off to bed - might just have a goz at this chat thingey - did you give it a whirl Jools?Hope you OK Brett.Sue

·
Registered
73 Posts
I am a male and I have frequent urination with my IBS and sometimes burning as well and get really sick when this occurs, it's seems like my urine is really warm. None of my doctors have an answer. I have noticed alot of others on here have urination issues. I guess for some urination issues can't be avoided for some reason. Someone sometime ago explained on one of these threads something about the colon and bladder are to close together and that's when bladder problems occur. Like I have said on one of these other threads when the urination issue is brought up, it's bad enough to have IBS but to have urination issues with it is really bad.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
"does burning of urintaion come with ibs?"This is not a symptom of IBS.Bladder issues and IBS are tied to mast cells for one.

G

·
Soz - don't want to go off topic but just to yell at Jools - you must go on this chat thingey - managed it for a haffie (half hour) last night - it was brill - Lyns, Lisa, Brett and Kit Kat - we were talking about 3 things at once but it was gigg. I'll try and give it a whirl next w/e (oh can't going away - yay!!!) - cos our American buddies don't seem to appear til 1.30ish and poor old Screamer in Oz - I think, even later.Let us know, hope you OKSue xx

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
im ok sue, i didnt get onto chat last night as i got glued to a dvd and didnt go to bed until 1.30 ish, was falling asleep on the sofa, so decided to go to bed, i will go into the chat at some point..

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
I have an appointment on tuesday ### the urology dept i have to fill in a chart thingy a bladder record chart (volume & frequency) im just hoping and praying that i will get an appointment for the bladder stretch operation and heres hoping it will work this time..

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a condition called cystitis or Irritable Bladder Syndrome. It took along time to have it diagnosed. I think it goes along at least with me with the IBS. The doctor gave me a perscription for peridium which takes away the pain I experience with this bladder condition. So not only do I have to deal with IBS in the butt I have to deal with this issue as well.....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.