Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using Prozac and Citrucel for a week and a half for constipation. I just feel more bloated than ever and the cramps are worse. Is it typical for Citrucel to do this? I also read that research has shown cellulose(fiber in Citrucel, Fiber-Med or FiberCon)is not effective for IBS.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hello there--Actually the Citrucel does not contain psyllium so it supposedly does not cause bloating as much as Metamucil or another psyllium based product. I am thinking that your body is still adjusting to the fiber/bulk addition, and that the bloating will subside, and you will start having more regular bowel movements, which will help that awful cramping. I suffer terribly with bloating, so I know how you feel!--also the terrible cramping before a movement. I am taking a product called Herbal Fiberblend. I have been taking it for over 2 years, and despite continuing IBS symptoms, really think it has helped me more than anything I bought over the counter. If you would like more info on it, e-mail me, and I will send you ordering info--it actually is no more expensive than Metamucil or Citrucel. I really do think you will feel better soon, though--and also, remember, your body is adjusting to the Prozac---the good news on that is that it can actually produce looser stools in some people....good for the big "C"!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts