Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HiI was using DICETEL as antispasmodic drug.What they say:DICETEL� (pinaverium bromide) is one of Solvay Pharmaceuticals' drugs for irritable bowel syndrome and the first available drug with a specific effect on calcium channels. It is now used by millions of patients. Irritable bowel syndrome is a chronic disease that affects at least 10% of the population. Only half visit a doctor for these symptoms. IBS is the second most common cause of work and school absenteeism, the first being the common cold. The pain associated with irritable bowel syndrome can be so severe that sufferers cannot function properly. DICETEL� contributes to Solvay Pharmaceuticals' leading position in the market of gastrointestinal spasmolytics.Doesn't do anything for spasms in my case.... (or may be so little)As anyone tried it? Did it works for some of you?---- Have a nice day

·
Registered
211 Posts
I would do a search for Dicetel. This topic has come up a number of times, and you will see through the post that some people (like myself) have seen results with it, and others have not.There also has been differences in the past as to how people have been told to take it. I was told I could use it as needed, whereas other people were told that there had to be a constant level in their blood for it to be effective (ie. take x number a day even on good days) My cramps are usually not bad, so taking it as needed works for me, although sometimes it is slow to kick in.I would say that, even with the varied responses you may see, it is worth a try. It does help for many people. Good luck!

·
Registered
97 Posts
It didn't realy work for me, but my IBS is pain predominant. I don't have problems with D or C usually, just crampiness and and gas pains.I found that the best drugs by far are exercise, relaxation, and a good attitude.Chrisps: in Canada, what other anti-spasmotics are available? I'm interested in trying Levsin on bad days. Any other canuck's use it or something similar??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts