Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys -I noticed that when I jog or jump around doing classes alot my stomach acts up - I have IBS-C, so I don't have to go to the bathroom, but my stomach makes really strange noises and it feels like I have to, but nothing comes out. Than, my stomach get's bloated. I'm not quite sure which exercises are the best for IBS sufferers.Any suggestions?

·
Registered
26 Posts
The best exercise I've come accross is on an elliptical machine. There's no impact, so you don't get any of the stomach pressure from jogging or jumping. Plus, the natural arm and leg movement seem to move things along somehow! I'm not kidding! Too bad the only places you can find them are at the gym or store

G

·
I'm a big fan of swimming for exercise -- it's not weight-bearing, doesn't jar you, doesn't hurt your joints, and is great cardiovascularly. Of course it does require a pool or lake...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Jumping around doesn't bother my IBS but it does my arthritis so I stick to low impact. I also like the elliptical machine.

G

·
YES! Exercising does bother me I have IBS- c,g and sometimes d. It seems like when I can't go to the bathroom and my colon feels full I can't even bend over without having sharp pain in my sides, let alone exercising. I have a lot of noise going on inside also. Sometimes it sounds like a kitten iside purring. I take Anaspaz for the colon spasms aand ibuprofen for the pain.------------------Bonnie from Texas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts