Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately, I've been having a lot of bowel movements a day (which is unusual for me because, 1.) I'm usually IBS-C; and 2.) I've hardly been eating anything). They start out as large lumps and then end with just mucous, which continues the entire day/night. My question is, what can I use to help the cramping/urge to go and mucous - is Immodium any useful for this when it's not really diarrhea, just a lot of mucous and maybe a bit of soft stool?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Thank you for asking because that is exactly what I want to know. I've been IBS-D for years, but I have gained control of the IBS with Dicyclomine. Now I'm having all of this mucous, but I haven't changed my diet or medications. Tonight I'm having the D pains, but it's just mucous. It hurts, and of course I worry about those awful daily D symptoms coming back every day again. I've never dealt with mucous like this, though. I hope someone can answer and help us.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.