Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went off 7.5 mg. Zyprexa as it was making me unfunctioning til 10:30 a.m. (I get up at 4:45) and took the Zyprexa at night.Under Dr permission I resumed 300 mg. Serzone (100 day and 200 at night). Now despite my bowl of fiber one; my spoonful of Perdiem w/senna and half a citrucel tab, I couldn't naturally move my bowel this a.m.; had to use 3 suppositories to move out very soft stool. I am also full of gas since Saturday, and I bragged I never get gas.Does the Serzone suppress contractions in the bowel/colon/whatever rather than make stool hard? I started the new/old meds Friday night (today is Monday) and Saturday and Sunday got progressively worse. I also increased Klonopin from .25 mg. to .5, under Dr permission. Can the soft stool be sliding past hard stool? I have no fever. Please Help! I never was so bad with Serzone before. Is it the Zyprexa weening its way out of my system, too?

·
Banned
8,831 Posts
I have no answers. But one thing was not clear to me. Are you afraid or do you know that there is hard stool left in you. It is possible for a med to make all the stools soft.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not sure there is any hard stool left in me.It's just that in 6 years of being C, it has never manifested itself exactly like this.Thanks for your reply

·
Registered
650 Posts
Joan,How long have you been on Serzone and was it difficult to get off of it? I don't think this made my C any worse but it could have as my IBS didn't really get bad until I'd been on Serzone for about 4 yrs. Also, I've taken restoril at night a few times and then I REALLY notice I get C, plus it causes some heavy depression. Maybe its the combo.?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bk: have been on serzone since fall 1995. am going to ween myself off it again--yesterday took a total of only 100 mg.Remember, when I weaned the first time was on powerful antipsychotic Zyprexa, so I can't tell you how difficult this time will be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts