Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an embarassing question
It didn't occur to me till recently, but swallowing sperm seems to trigger my cramps and D. My boyfriend claims it's pure protein and harmless, and laughed when I compared it to milk. Is it just coincidence? What is actually in it?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I don't know what all is in it, but I tend to avoid ingesting things that trigger D.Perhaps you could casually spit it out when he's done rather than swallow. It shouldn't take away from his experience and would hopefully stop the D.OK. you got me curious and I googled...
quote:The sperm or (spermatozoa -- which are the little swimming critters) make up only about 5% of what a man ejaculates each time he ejaculates. This represents about 100 to 400 million of them! Therefore, they are very, very, very tiny, in fact a single sperm is the smallest cell in the body. The rest of what a man ejaculates in his “ejaculate”, which is about a teaspoonful (5 ml), is made up of water, sugar, protein, vitamin C, zinc, and prostaglandins.
http://www.coolnurse.com/sex_faqs13.htm

·
Registered
654 Posts
Embarrassing? Not really. Interesting? yes.I'm not sure what is in sperm, but if you are feeling brave you can probably find it somewhere on the net. Good luck, let us know if you get any definate answers. Take care.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is an embarassing question
It didn't occur to me till recently, but swallowing sperm seems to trigger my cramps and D. My boyfriend claims it's pure protein and harmless, and laughed when I compared it to milk. Is it just coincidence? What is actually in it?
Since sperm has fructose in it, and since fructose is a fodmap (fodmap:
fermentable oligosaccharides, disaccharides, monosaccharides and polyols, which are short-chain carbohydrates (sugars) known to trigger ibs symptoms) , it may be logical you get symptoms from ingesting it. Lactose is also a type of fodmap... I suggest you search for low-fodmap Monash University app Monash University FODMAP diet - Apps on Google Play to learn more about how to REALLY cure and help your ibs!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts