Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last year I have been going from Dr to Dr. I have had stomach pains from just below the belly button going up under my rib cage on the right side. I had an endoscopy and was told that I have crystals which is the beginning of gall stones so after seeing 2 doctors I was told my gallbladder had to come out. I welcomed it thinking that was the answer. Well, I am still here a year later with the same symptoms and no gallbladder, I'm told it's IBS. I had a colonoscopy which was clean, I had a cat scan which showed nothing yet the pain is constant. It wakes me up at night. Bowel movements are not great but are daily, Lately I have been getting pain in my joints and this is what I am asking if anyone else has this. I mean all joints (knees, elbows, wrists, shoulders. I am at a total loss. I excercise a lot, I don't drink much water due to my job which doesn't allow me to be near a bathroom. Constant bloating feeling. Help!

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Have you mentioned the joint pain to your Dr? I would do that and ask for them to rule out things that could be causing the joint pain.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes I get pains in my joints. Shoulders and elbows mostly. Sometimes neck. I get back ache when I am badly backed up. Its a different type of pain. Think this pain is just the pressure of the back up.many people have had gall bladder issues with IBS.I havent had mine checked. Yet.Maybe the IBS has had an effect on your gall bladder.It is the hope of some that the gall bladder problem causes the IBS.But if you have had yours out then maybe not.Are you IBS c ? or d or both?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thx for the reply. i do get a stiff neck also. I don't know the answer as to what IBS I have, I was never told by the Dr.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Doctors often don't add the D or C or A but most people kinda know.D-Diarrhea PredominateC-Constipation PredominateA-Alternating.It often helps to specify which is your problem as treatments that stop up diarrhea tend to make constipation worse and visa versa.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts