Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I am making the leap, I'm going to ask the questions I have been to embarrassed to ask anyone. I do not have a doctor and I am uninsurable (will explain) so seeing a doctor to get answers is not in the cards. I will ask when I go in for my tubal ligation though. I have 3 children, after the birth of each I have noticed a change in my bowels, with my first it was not bad. With my second it went on for 18 months at which point I became pregnant and could no longer tell what was causing what. Now I have had a third child and its the worst its ever been. This is going to be gross and possibly TMI, but I have to know. I constantly feel like I need to use the bathroom, but nothing comes out most of the time except some mucus. I always have a rumbling going on inside, like the rumble when you have the stomach flu only not as painful and very embarrassing. There is sometimes blood in my stool, not a lot and I suspect this is actually from giving birth.I have not had a chance to see if it follows a pattern because until this week I didn't make a connection. I was speaking to a friend who is pregnant and she said "Oh I have to go, My IBS is not liking this pregnancy" and it clicked... maybe thats whats going on with me? Maybe not but I have to check. Now I have NO idea if this kind of thing is common with symptoms copnsistant with Chronic Fatigue and neurological and or AutoImmune disorders. I have no disorder, but it is strong belived that I have Multiple Sclerosis or Fibro (more likely MS) which comes along with some chrnic fatige and insomnia, wonderful combination. If what I have is IBS, could those conditions cause/trigger it? Does IBS come and go? Like you might have a day or do of relative normality followed by a week of problems? So what do you think? I am so embarrassed... sheesh!

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Can you define your bowel habits a little better? Do you tend to be more constipated or more diarrhea predominant? Do you cramp, then feel the need to go to the bathroom and does the cramping go away with evacuation? You said you don't have a doctor and are uninsurable, but didn't explain that. Do you qualify for Medicaid, then? You said it was strongly believed that you have MS? How was this diagnosed, or is it a guess?Please don't be embarrassed! I've seen lots of posts on here that are way more descriptive than you've been. That's what we're here for!

·
Registered
119 Posts
wow it could be 1001 medical problems ,anything from hemmorroids to polyps,which occur a lot from child birth,,it could be rectal bleeding,colon,small intestine ,without a doctor looking up inside one can only guess a host of problems can develop overnight back there . Try to see if anything you can do will change the symptoms you have-diet( stop all cheese,red meat fatty foods,potatos,bread ) see if this alters things god or bad .Next try some changes at the other end ,have you tried -glycerin suppositories/enemas/colonics to see if you might have impacted colon/intestines/or bowel obstruction causing your problem .If neither of these 2 types of action change things for you,go to any emergency room in usa they have to see you,its the law!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
quote:Originally posted by Jannybitt:Can you define your bowel habits a little better? Do you tend to be more constipated or more diarrhea predominant? Do you cramp, then feel the need to go to the bathroom and does the cramping go away with evacuation? You said you don't have a doctor and are uninsurable, but didn't explain that. Do you qualify for Medicaid, then? You said it was strongly believed that you have MS? How was this diagnosed, or is it a guess?Please don't be embarrassed! I've seen lots of posts on here that are way more descriptive than you've been. That's what we're here for!
Oops I forgot to explain that, lol. I have seen doctors in the past, they believe I had MS as well but I require extensive testing and a neurologist to get a diagnosis and I can't afford that. I am uninsurable because of the suspicion of MS and for medicaid I have a MONTHLY share of cost of 1700.00, so before they pay anything I must shell out 1700.00... PER MONTH! Funny, thats more than half our takehome pay and we are a family of 5. I am in a catch 22. I could go to the ER, but they just tell me to see a doctor for more tests and the clinic doesn't do the tests I need, so i end up stcuk again and in debt. My medical conditon has already driven us to bankruptcy once. As for bowel habits, I seem to flip flop back and forth, this week I may be more constipated, the opposite next week, and semi-normal the week following. The cramping is more lower near the rectum, not up in my abdominal area. The cramping and "activity" in my rectum does not seem to go away ever. To the next poster:My bowels are not clogged and colonics etc is out of the question. I don't believe in colonics at all and I don't think I need an ER, I'm fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.