Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some advice. This whole thing started about 8 months ago after what i believe was an anxiety attack. I went to dinner with some friends and all of the sudden my hands and feet started tingling, my ears started ringing, my vision started turning white and I almost passed out. After that I felt kinda twitchy and funny for about 3 days. It cleared up for a week and then I started having all sorts of wierd pain and distension. It's the pain is most always in my left side. Sometimes it's just under the ribcage, sometimes up in my chest, sometimes in my left shoulder and sometimes in my back. Sometimes I get really bad heartburn too.I also get really bloated.I have had occasional C and D but not too often and I don't pass alot of gas either. I burp a little more than usual but not too much. I've been to the doctor for it a few times now. First they said I had gerd so the put me on prevacid. they also checked my thyroid and glucose levels and took chest x-rays but found nothing.The prevacid helps take away the heartburn sometimes but not all the time. One day it started hurting real bad an I thought I was going to pass out. My hands and feet and my lips were tingling then too. I went to the emergency room and they said I had an anxiety attack and an ulcer and told me to keep taking the prevacid and try to reduce stess and what not. They also did an ekg because i was complaining of chest pain. It came back normal. Four months later I was still getting pain so I went back to the doctor a third time, this time they said I had IBS without even running a single test! They prescribed me Bentyl and told me to quit smoking and drinking. The Bentyl does nopt work, in fact I think I feel worse after taking it. Sometimes I'll have a good week or two where I won't have all that much pain but sometimes it will hurt for a week straight like this last week. I've had discomfort all week and at least 1 period of severe pain every day. The severe pain usually lasts about an hour, sometimes less. I get really anxious and paranoid when this happens. The pain comes on first and then I start freaking out about it and it just makes it worse. Yesterday I bent down to give my daughter a hug and I got this really sharp pain that shot from just under my ribcage up into my chest. After that it hurt to take a deep breath for about 1/2 hour. The only thing that seems to help is lying down. Does this sound like IBS? I'm going back to the doctor soon because I am having a hard time dealing with it. It's really starting to affect my quality of life and I'm starting to get depressed.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.