Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyoneI just wanted a little info on wether or not this sounds like IBS or not so please bare with me while i go through it all.It all started almost 2 year ago i started having panic attacks and shortly after i started with bowel troubles. It didn't seem to matter what i did you could pretty much guarantee that after a few minutes of eating (sometimes even seconds) i would be running to the toilet. I went to my doctors over this and they said at first oh it is most likely a virus having been told this i left it a week to see if it went away but no it was still there as strong as it was before. This carried on for around 12 months the doctors did every blood test they could do and still they didn't know why i was getting this. Finally i was reffered to the hospital and they wanted me to have a colonoscopy done, however i would have to wait around 6 months for the appointment just before the appointment came it all dissapeared as quickly as it came. Since i was glad it had just gone i didn't want to investigate it further and promptly cancelled the appointment when it came as i just wanted to forget the whole horrid experience this was the most horrible experience thus far in my life. Now it has been around 3 - 6 months since this has stopped but all of a sudden now the bowel problems are back. It's only been a few days and went to the doctors about it already and he said there were some stomach bugs going around but i can't halp panicking that it's all coming back. I know my mum suffers with it but never really thaught much about it and just thaught oh surely it can't be that bad. If that is what it feels like then omg how do people cope with it.Sorry if it just sounds like i'm a paranoid idiot but it was the worst experience of my life. Never going out or doing anything because i know that i'm gonna end up running around like i chopped my leg off looking for a toilet.My wife got really annoyed with me over it and it almost split us up due to me being stuck in all the time and not able to do things with her and the kids out of the house for fear of it.Thanks in advance Andy

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi Andy,Not qualified to say if it's IBS or not but wanted to say the last thing anyone here would think is that you're being a "paranoid idiot". Symptoms like these profoundly affect confidence and the ability to get through normal daily tasks easily and your reaction is totally understandable. There's a nice brochure on explaining IBS to a loved one which I've found handy, perhaps one of the moderators here could find a link for you but if not I could mail it to you if you're interested. Your illness is just affecting your wife too and she's struggling with that but she'll understand. People generally surprise you with how good they can be about it. Anyway best of luck and stay around here it's a great help

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.