Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

DOES ZOFRAN SEEM TO HELP, ANYONE?

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Jennifer7 
#1 ·
DOES ZOFRAN SEEM TO HELP, ANYONE?

#2 ·
I have TERRIBLE D. The only thing that really worked well for me was Lotronex and Remeron (another 5ht3 blocker). I HATED the Zofran. It made me feel worse than ever. It made my IBS worse when taking it. I felt better without drugs at all compared to taking the Zofran. So, I donated all of my Zofran to a Cancer Center. If you decide to try Zofran and it fails - I would suggest donating it to cancer patients who do not have health insurance. Zofran is VERY expensive.I would highly suggest Remeron or Loprodomide (prescription Immodium) verses Zofran. That is just my personal experience. It does make many people crampy all day though.Good Luck

#5 ·
Zofran has been a Godsend to me. I was a basket case with constant D before I went on it. It does cause a bit more cramping before a BM sometimes, but it is quite tolerable this is a small price to pay to be able to function again. I supplement it with Bentyl (for spasms) and an occasional Immodium.I agree with the previous post; it's not nearly as good as Lotronex but I can deal with that until I can get my hands on it again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.