Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on Zelmac and feeling much better now.However am beginning to feel uneasy about the fact that Zelmac is approved in Switzerland - where Novartis is !!-but not in so many other countries.Am starting to wonder whether the company's muscle power here has made the govt. less demanding about proof the drug is really as safe as one would normally expect.Anyone know why the drug was accepted in Switzerland but not in the rest of Europe?Signed,Anxious of Lausanne.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Hi! Ibsed:I'm so glad that you are feeling better. I don't know why Zelmac hasn't been approved in other European countries BUT, it has just recently been approved for marketing in Canada and Brazil (see Jeff's post). Also, it is a possibility that it may be approved later this year in the USA. So, I think that you can rest easy and enjoy feeling better.Take care.Renee'

·
Banned
5,767 Posts
I hope that it doesn't have anything to do with the company's 'muscle'. As i understand the situation everybody delayed approval be cause the FDA asked for more informationbut many other countries have gone ahead on approving it. Novartis did submit info to the FDA on it and there is a rumor that it will be approved. There are complications to this process but you could get accurate information from Novartis or the FDA or by joining ZAG.tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts