Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im starting to worry about my mental state, i thought i would be strong enough to deal with this ibs but im really starting to doubt that. Iv gone from being a happy chap begin to start his life to a reclusive miserable idiot, ive lost all my freinds, my job and i really dont have much going for me. whenever try to snap out of it and tell myself to stop being such a self pitying moron and go out and change my situation by meeting some people, on comes the diarrhea and with that comes the anxiety and then the self loathing.its clearly not normal to hate yourself and your life is it? what can i do? i think i need help. Im on antidepressants but only a small dose to act as a muscle relaxant. Im guessing seeing my gp is what i need to do but i find it very hard to talk about my situation without breaking down. sometimes i get so frustrated i actually hit myself in the face, several times iv let this build up for too long and i just cant see any light at the end of the tunnel every-time i go out to try and do something about it on comes the need for the toilet and the soft painful stool that makes me bleed.please any suggestions will be really appreciated.....

·
Registered
722 Posts
By_the_wayYou are not on your own feeling the way that you do.I am so sorry you are feeling so bad.You have actually answered your own question by saying, i need to see my GP,that is what i would have suggested and your GP will have seen lots of patients who break down when they speak to them,so do not worry about that.You also may need more than a low dose antidepressant to help,so talking through all your symptoms and how you are feeling to your GP is a start,then i'm sure he/she will suggest where/what to do from there.Take care.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sorry to hear you are so down, we have been there too, so your not alone.My suggestion is go to your GP, some are good at listening and tell him or her how your feeling and what is happening.I believe stress has a lot to do with it, but you have to stop blaming yourself.Take the anti depressants, but you might have to change them or have a bigger dose if they are not helping you feel better. Also you need to take the anti D tablets I don't know what you take but you need to take what the doctor has given you.Don't drink alcohol no chewing gum no cooldrink or fruit juice be careful how much coffee you consume as they can trigger it.You need to get out and start to live again, worse thing is staying home.Hope this helps you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.