Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been experiencing abdominal pain everyday for the past five months. I've been to doctors and had many tests run and it all comes back fine. No one knows what it is that is wrong with me and that's a very, very scary thing. My pain changes a lot and radiates. It's mainly in my lower right appendix area (which worries me to death) but it's also right under my right rib cage, around my bellybutton and under my middle rib area. It also changes how it feels. It isn't like cramps, although I do get those every now and then. But it's more like poking, stabbing type pains. Usually it's just a dull throbb-y pain, not unbearable, but enough for me to notice and go into panic mode. I have noticed that even though I do go to the bathroom everyday, it's usually not without straining or something. I would go to a GI doctor, but I'm terrified of getting those colonoscopies and other tests. I'm to the point where I just don't know what to do. I'm scared and my parents are tired of hearing me complain and I feel like I'm alone and am going to be stuck with this pain and fear forever.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I would go to a GI doctor, but I'm terrified of getting those colonoscopies and other tests. I'm to the point where I just don't know what to do. I'm scared and my parents are tired of hearing me complain and I feel like I'm alone and am going to be stuck with this pain and fear forever.
You already do know what you need to do. You mentioned it yourself.When your needs outweigh your fears, move with a purpose. Get to a GI and have proper tests run. Beats living in pain and fear. Rule in/out GI conditions, heed the advice, and you'll start yourself on a better path. And if you relate to your GI that you're very fearful they'll do everything they can to ease the situation for you. GPs have limitations, if its a GI condition, it can be beyond their ability to detect/treat effectively and efficiently. You can't do this alone, and ignorance can be dangerous.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello hazelraeI am sorry you have been feeling rotten for some time now.I was worried about seeing doctors but went as I wanted to know what was wrong and get it sorted.You cannot leave this, I agree completely with Chesire Kat please get this sorted you need to find out what's going on, if it's been there for 5 months it's not going to go.GI doctors are there to help you and put you at ease and get you feeling better it is what they are there for, no-one likes tests but it is better than suffering in fear and feeling awful.Put your fears aside and please get this sorted and get yourself feeling better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts