Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I take Bentyl Dicyclomine for IBS and when I went to get my last prescription, got Bentyl Dospan. It doesn't seem to work, had bad D all day. The old pills worked within 10 minutes, these new ones haven't worked within 2.5 hours.What is dospan???HELP ANYONE?????

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Hi Lisa:I checked through 2 medical sites and haven't found it yet. Maybe someone else will be able to. I'll be interested to hear the answer myself.
JeanG

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Bentyl is the trade name for the drug dicyclomine. You may have gotten a generic, or a type from the pharmacist. You should go talk to your pharmacist!Maggie

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went back to the Pharmacy but they were closed so I went into the Medical Centre next door (where I got my prescription) and the Doctor said I was given the right stuff, althought Merbentyl Dospan is a slow release version which lasts about 24 hours. They said the Pharmacy made an error in giving me the wrong ones, since I benefit most from the 'instant working' version. Their pharmacy had no Merbentyl Dicyclomine left but the Med Centre found some at another Pharmacy. The Med Centre didnt charge me for the visit although I had to pay for another script. What a hassle! Apparently the old tablets I was getting aren't available now but they will do some checking for me to see if they can find a substitute. At least they will do that for me!!!! Now I have to see if they will refund the Merbentyl Dospan.... AND! They keep giving me different amounts each time. First time 30 pill, second time 90 pills, third time 180 pills and this time only 50. That wont even last a month. Can I request how many I want or do I have to take what they will give me????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts