Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote"I've started just telling people that I'm somewhat claustrophobic - it's the only way I can find to explain why I don't want to be stuck in the middle of the row. "Sorry DottyG this is the "excuse" I use too....! Once I made the entire row in a theatre get up and move along so I could sit on the end.....
I also use the fact that I have a bad back (on a plane) and have to get up and walk around a lot and "don't want to keep disturbing [you]."Saying that, if I get an aisle seat I am usually fine and don't need to leave my seat at any point once a film has started - though can sometimes go 6 times before the main feature!!!!Quote:"I'm ok at home and usually at the office. My only guess as to why I'm ok at home is that I'm not as stressed there and I know there's a bathroom nearby." Yep being aware of where the toilet is and knowing you can go at any point if you need to has definitely a 'calming' affect. Knowing you are going to be stuck in a seat or will have to ask permission from someone else to be able to get to the toilet is enought to make me need it more!!!

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Jo T,I can certainly relate to what you're saying.I once went to see my son at his college; he was in a show there.Anyway, the tickets gave you assigned seating, and wouldn't you know it, they stuck us right in the middle of the row.At the time I was having bladder problems, along with my normal D problems, so I asked 5 people sitting down the rest of the row , if they would mind moving over a seat or two so that I could sit on the end. I told them I had a bladder condition and did not want to disturb them by having to get up during the performance.They were extremely nice about it, and moved over. I felt much more relaxed , but I did have to use the bathroom during the show, which made me glad that I had done this.You do what you have to ..Jeanne

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hmmmm...y'all are lucky! I've asked if I can sit on the aisle before and been turned down.Ok, I can finally admit this to someone - I think I've finally found people that might understand and not think I'm weird (I hope so, anyway!). It'll be good to get this one off my chest once and for all.I was so scared about the length of my own graduation (typically, in the University that I went to, they can last up to, or over, 3 hours non-stop) that I stretched out my classes, so I could graduate in August. I was so nervous about having to sit that long without a break - not knowing if I would have to use the restroom - that I didn't graduate with my friends. Instead, I "conveniently" was lacking 3 hours to graduate and had to go an extra summer, so I could be in the graduation that only lasted about an hour and a half.I always felt badly about that, but it was all I could think of to do. And, I couldn't tell anyone the truth until now.A "bad back" huh? I may have to use that one! And, having a "bladder infection" is also an idea. Wouldn't want to inconvenience people, so they should be understanding if I need to sit on the aisle, hmmm?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.