Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving to work this morning I started getting those cramps we are probably all to familiar with. Being just about a five minute drive away from the office I thought I would be fine. That was until a woman on her cell phone changed lanes right into my passenger door. Thankfully, no one was hurt except for our respective cars.Needless to say, the delay in having to deal with the auto accident made it impossible to get to a bathroom in time to avoid an accident of a different sort. Aside from the anxiety of being in a car accident, imagine whats its like exchangin particulasrs with the other driver and the police while having a load in your pants. Fortuntaly my car was still drivable so I was able to drive back home after the legal work was completed and get cleaned up before heading back to the office. I've had accidents (IBS kind) before but this would certainly be the most embarrssing.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
There needs to be a special award for people who can maintain under these special circumstances. My hat goes off to you.Mark

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I feel SOOOOOO sorry for you. I cannot imagine. How aweful. They probably just thought the accident scare the s--t out of you. I always say I am going to have an accident while driving to fast trying to get to a bathroom.You need the day off and take a long hot relaxing bath. Glad you are okay.You take careKat

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all your support. I haven't been able to do any work done today because I keep thinking about the whole scene. It was bad enough having my car smashed but pooping in my pants was just too much to take.Despite all that, I did feel badly for the woman that hit me. She was pretty upset about it and she got a ticket for careless driving to boot.BTW Kitkat, I've tried the bathroom excuse to try to get out of a speeding ticket once but the cop didn't take the bait.

·
Registered
984 Posts
You poor thing but at least no one died or was seriously injured. I think many of us here have a dread of being caught up in something like that and not being able to get away quickly. Thank God when I had my accident, my IBS was quiet that day. I had my accident outside the Dr's surgery! Car behind ran into the back of me. All the surgery did, was to come running out with a brush for me to sweep the debris off the road
Don't know if you are from the UK or not, but if so, it's now illegal to be using a cell phone whilst driving unless you have hands free.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Yep! I think we all should get a government issued drivers card that we can not only flash at restaurants and places to say we must be allowed to use the bathroom even without purchase but something that allows us a certain amount of being busted speeding each year for those times when you know you have to drive fast or you just aint going to get there!Sorry this happened to you Skidmark. It must have been the most awful experience.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Dear Skidmark: I feel your pain -- literally! I've been reading through the various posts, and I'm mixed in my feelings. Thank God I'm not alone, and how terrible that we all have to endure this. I, too, had an accident (auto) about two weeks ago. Since then, I've had three accidents (other). My IBS has gone haywire. Although I usually have an autumn-related episode of the big D, this year's is one for the books. Both yesterday and today I've "hit the skids" after eating. I've finally come to the conclusion that I'll just have to avoid eating until the episode passes and swing back to the big C. I'm soooo looking forward to Saturday when I have to attend an all day outdoor festival for a feature I'm writing. Woo-hoo! That should be fun. Considering I live in an area with a population of about 6,000 and we only have a small discount store to shop in, I'm thinking even if I resorted to buying Depends or something, the word would reach town before I did! Sorry about your wreck. Hope things get better for you soon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Screamer, your suggestion for the card to be used when nailed for speeding is a good one but probably wouldn't work. When I used IBS in court to get out of a speeding ticket, the judge was pretty clear that public saftey trumps crapping in your pants.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.