Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
I feel like my Anti-Spasmodic (20mg.. or something) are too weak. It works sometimes but... don't work out for too long.I was planning on taking double doses.(Two pills) So its.. 40mg.(Which is also prescribed to people) I was wondering if this was safe. I wanted to test this out to see if I just need a stronger form of the med.Bentyl - DicyclomineEdit: I would like to point out something..The med says take 3 times daily. I only take it in the morning.My mother told me that if I take it more, it is very unsafe. She also said it will stop working. So.. it really discourages me from taking more. I would like anyones view points if possible.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
I think your Dr is the one to ask about this or your pharmacist.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
You asked about doubling your dose. My answer to that would still be ask your Dr. Your dose appears to be 3x's a day. If you are only taking it once a day... if I read that correctly... you are not even taking the prescribed dose. So I don't understand why you would want to double the prescribed dose when you are not even taking the prescribed dose??? Try taking it AS prescribed.With any med... the Dr prescribes it a certain way for a reason. Take it that way and report back to him/her how it works for you. If you (or your mother if you are a minor) do not understand why he prescribed the way he/she did.. ask them.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Make sure you take it before meals - preferrably 15-30 minutes beforehand. A lot of prescribers don't realize it needs to be on board before meals to exert full effect.I would try taking it three times a day and if that doesn't work, talk to your provider. I know you can safely take 20 mg four times a day, but there may be a reason your doctor is avoided this in you and there's no way to know without talking to them.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Well if you find it isn't working real well for you... take it a bit earlier before you eat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.