Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know that dried prunes help with constipation, howver; I feel like I'm the only one who actually gets used to them. My colon stop responding to prunes even if I eat a whole bag of them and drink prune juice afterwards. I have to take a month or more break in order for it to work again. Prunes work even better than a laxative.And I also got used to coffee. I used to go to the bathroom every day after just a tiny bit of coffee. Now it helps occasionally bu nothing like what it used to be.Why did I get used to it? It's not a drug or anything.Do any of you have suggestions on what I might use while taking a "break" from coffee and prunes?I feel like I have to go every day, but only because my bowels haven't been empty for months. So even if I had a success today, tomorrow I will look like I haven't been to a bathroom in weeks. My stomach will be huge too.So what do you guys use? A home remedy would be best.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.