Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

driving test

2K views 47 replies 13 participants last post by  lynnylu_924@hotmail.com 
#1 ·
omg just need to rant about this, driving test tomorrow, as i keep going on about! and today i have felt so bad, going to toilet all the time, bad cramps, feeling of being unempty etc driving me nuts! hope i dont feel like this tomorrow! done now! just needed to get it out, no one at home so no one to moan too! xXx

#27 ·
heya lynsey, just had to drop in in my spare mins to find out how you did! dont worry about it, you got less minors than me
and one of my friends failed in total style, 2 majors, a dangerous(we didn't even know you could get those!!!!) and a heap of minors! its crazy, they've made it really hard to pass, according to my old driving instructor they're delibirately makeing it much harder at mo and failing ppl for really silly things - one boy up here failed cus of these traffic lights at roadworks that were set up wrong so no matter what he did he was breaking the law! and if its any consolation my gran reckons its better if you fail the first time round and my gran is ace! just get booked in quick for next time and you'll be fine and you won't be stressing as much either!xxx

#28 ·
Quick one just to put a smile on your face! When I passed my test my bro let me use his car for the day. To get it off my mom and dad's drive I had to reverse in off at an angle. And as I was going back I heard this massive crunch. So pulled forward, and tried again. And again, until I realised something was really wrong. Got out the car, and saw a massive dent all the way down the side of the car! LOL the first time in a car on my own and I did that. Needless to say my bro wasn't impressed! Still makes me laugh to this day. Hope you feel better! x

#29 ·
thanks for all the support guys! spoke to my driving instructor earlier, told me he was pleased and proud at how well i did getting only three minors, and that you really do need a bit of luck on your test, and i just didnt have enough luck!LJS yeh it was my first test, going to phone for a cancellation on thursday (pay day) and hopefully not have to wait too long. its frustrating having a car sitting on the drive way but having to wait for some one who can drive to be around so i can drive it!BJ i got minors regarding safety and control in moving away, and when changing speed checking mirrors. serious faults in changing direction and checking mirrors, using signals correctly and positioning. so didnt do too bad, just nerves took over i think!thanks mandy, keep your fingers crossed for me! talking about scrutinising your every move, apperently the examiner i had has been known to give lots of minors, i only got 3 so thats got to be a good thing! funny story too! dont think my bro would ever let me in the drivers seat of his car!hope you are feeling better kate, good to see you back on here
hey fairy! they do say the best drivers fail first time! loads of people have told me, just wish it didnt feel so bad when you do fai;! its really getting to me, and it shouldnt, i can do it again! thanks for dropping in heth, good to know there support around
my mate has failed in style too! cant remember how bad she did but it was bad! thanks again everyone! take care xXx

#30 ·
Here's another funny story to cheer you up....not long after I'd passed my test I went out in the car, came home and was parking it up the drive but the garden wall suddenly jumped out in front of the car - amazing what garden walls can do. I did a really good repair job before my husband came home. He knew what I'd done though - somehow I'd got the spray paint I'd used all over my slippers
Oh and another time I sort of ran into the Post Office wall - that's another story which I won't go into

#31 ·
ok i keep telling myself to stop thinking about the what ifs, but i cant help it, you know what if i hadnt made the serious mistake and jus had minors i would have passed, its a vicious (dont think thats spelt right!) cycle! im really tired and want to go sleep but i know that i wont sleep and ill jsut keep thinking abou it! i feel like im missing out on something, by not being able to drive! i never used to feel like this, it wasnt until last christams when i was 18 did i even think about driving! when all my mates learnt when they turned 17 it didnt bother me in the slightest! sorry im rambling but saying it over and over in my head is driving me nuts! ohh and driving tests are not good for the stomach! lol although thats kind of obvious, the nerves etc! see im talking rubbish! ahh! sorry! xXx

#32 ·
Lynsey, I was thinking about you today, wondering about how you were doing. Don't worry about it at all, it sounds like you did really well, and now that you know what to expect you'll be fine next time. I'm sure it was just nerves that got in the way. I know I made really stupid mistakes when I took my test because I was so nervous.Even after I passed my test I had my brother in the car with me one time. He had a big cup of coke from McDonalds sitting in the cup holder, and I went around the corner so fast that it came out of the cup holder and spilled all over him! You should have seen his face with a lap full of ice and puddles of coke! Ha, Ha! He still makes fun of me for that. Couldn't have planned it better if I'd tried!

#33 ·
thanks julie
feeling of being p***** off at myself is coming back! its not fair! gota get back on that horse! or should i say get bakc in that drivers seat!how have you been? hope you are having a good week although only just begun, seems like longer then it has been! seems like havent chatted in ages!its 1 am guess i should try and sleep! take care xXx

G
#36 ·
Oh bad luck Lynsey - if its any consolation - took me 3 attempts - well I say 3 - on the 2nd attempt failed the eyesight test so never even got to sit that one. 3rd attempt lucky in my Mum's old Morris Minor - on my 19th birthday, had to beat my little sister - just did by 4 months - took it in Wales with the FATTEST driving tester with the WORST BO in known memory - but god bless him, I scraped through so sure you will next time. Luckily this was pre-IBS so my thoughts go out to you on that count too - any decent bogs there?????Sue

#37 ·
oh yeh my stomach was not liking the stress and nerves i was feeling! which i dont think helped! and i had popped 2 immodium! there is a toilet at the test centre and i did go in there just on the safe side but just ended washing my hands, were a bit clamy from the nerves! and when i walked out my examiner was waiting for me! i think my instructor was a bit worried because i just handed him my driving license and ran into the toilet! he doesnt know the full story of my ibs but he knows theres something wrong. we get on really well, hes taught lots of my mates which is good! i tell him all the gossip! anyway sorry to ramble! xXx

#39 ·
yup def, cant wait to do it again, cant wait to show how good i am and that i can do it, spent all this time and money working my arse off, not going to waste it! but for now im going to mope around a bit, because i am gutted i didnt pass! xXx

#41 ·
I'm guessing a minor is a point off? You Brits and your words that I just can't understand! I have a Brittish Biology teacher.. Americans say "vitamins" Vuh I Ta Mins... She says, VIT a MINS... Its not VIT!####!###$####!But BESIDES that! Good look on your next try.. I remember my driving test a few years back. I had to do it in a minivan, but the lady that was with me was killer nice and I passed
Find a nice instructor, but I dont know how you english do your tests so

#42 ·
thanks sue, glad some else agrees, think people round here think im stupid for moping!hey jim! with driving tests here you can get up to sixteen minors (like points) and pass your driving test. but if you get any serious points or even dangerous
you fail. i only got 6 points, 3 minors but then i got 3 serious
ive got an instructor and he was totally cool with me, you know really supportive when we found out i failed, and my examiner said i drove really well shown by only getting 3 minors, but nerves just took over. booking another test tomorrow, then going to phone my instructor and get some more lessons! thanks 4 the good luck
take care xXx

#45 ·
On the topic of driving and women being called bad drivers here is a fact my friend found on a facts website (although i doubt it is true)..............................................In Memphis, Tennessee it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself. A man must walk or run in front of the vehicle, waving a red flag to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.........................................definately a man who said this! xXx

#48 ·
lol good one jim! u gota love stupid pick up lines! like i dont know, 'do you feet hurt? becuase youve been running through my mind all night', or summit like that! why would anyone think that is good way to chat some one else?! why use a chat up line?! just talk normally! xXx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.