Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had lap done...thought my pain was from a cyst. The gyno who did the surgery thinks I have a femoral hernia??? There is no lump there.My GP thinks it is IBS scheduled me for colonoscopy???I have severe lower left pelvic pain. I have always had C and gas problems. I need to find the source of this pain. Any ideas???

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
That is a difficult one. I have lower right pelvic pain. I've had a transvaginal ultrasound, which only came back with a fibroid tumor, the gyn did not link it to the pain. Had abdominal/pelvic ct scan - nothing. Had colonoscopy - everything fine there. My IBS is diarrhea predominant.You can have pelvic pain from IBS due to straining, etc. Did the gyno say the femoral hernia would be what would cause the pelvic pain and what it is?? My gyno said we could do a laproscopy if the colonoscopy came out clean, but I've decided to wait a while. I'm tired of tests. Is the pain severe all the time? Like 24/7? Is it worse around your period? Do you notice it more after you have a bm and have had to strain? I notice mine quite a bit after I have done a physical activity of any kind. I would suggest getting the colonoscopy just to rule out that possibility. The colonoscopy isn't bad at all. I've never heard of a femoral hernia. I'll have to research it and see what I come up with? Did he give you any kind of explanation? My gyno also said it could possibly be endometriosis, but can only tell if I do the laproscopy. I may end up having to in the long run.Do you treat your C?Hope you get some answers and if you do, pass them on, ok? Feel better soon!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jan-When the lap was done he found a little endo in the opposite side of the pain location. The lap really was not that bad and I feel better knowing there is not a tumor there. The pain there dull ache all the time but when I excersise it is more intense. I feel it in my left groin area. My bowels have been messed up for awhile gassy and c. I do take Senokot for C but no fiber that just blows me up. I am with you...I am tired of feeling like a lab rat. I just deal with the pain somedays and take as a part of life. I will go with the colonoscopy and maybe I will get some answers???Thanks Jan!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.