Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I am new to the board and I've been trying to post a reply to other messages since last night but even though I'm shown as registered, somehow my replies are not being posted so I thought I'd try a new topic and see if it got through. I was just diagnosed with IBS in November and tomorrow I go in for my first visit to hopefully qualify to get on the drug study sponsored by Glaxo for the new drug that has just been approved for use in the US for IBS. It has had wonderful results so far and is expected to be a blockbuster drug for the diarrhea of IBS. 2/3 of the people on the study gets the real drug and 1/3 get the placebo. The people that have gotten the real drug usually know within a few days because they have such drastic improvement. I'm praying that I will qualify and that I will get the real drug. If this message gets through on the message board, I will keep you posted on what happens.------------------Tina56

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Yeah for you! One of the lucky ones! Good lick and keep all of us jealous ones posted!------------------Praying with Bettie for a cure for this NASTY IBS!

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Tina, yes, your message got through!You mean "recommended" for approval, not quite approved, don't you? Unless there's something you know, we don't! Anyway, it's close. I keep hearing such wonderful things about it. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Good luck Tina, and welcome to the Board. Jean------------------"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way." Babe Ruth. And I'm also Praying with Bettie for a cure for this NASTY IBS! Jean

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got through the screening process on the phone so tomorrow is my first visit to fill out the papers, get a physical, have blood tests, and a lactose tolerance test. So if all that goes well, I am hoping I will be approved. Wish me luck and I will keep everyone informed on the process and how it goes.------------------Tina56

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Tina56, I went through all the testing for the new medication. I just couldnt do the scope again, so I didnt qualify to get the study medication. Hopefully it will be release soon by FDA. I just talked to the Dr that is doing the study for medication that Solvay Lab is making. This medication has great results so far. They are just trying to find the best doseage. Hopefully that will help with the side effect of C. I hope you get on the medication soon. Good Luck!It is exciting to know we are being heard.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Meg -- you seem quite plugged in. What is the drug Solvay is testing? Would it be Cilansetron? I just heard the other day from someone in touch with a doctor doing studies on it that he believes Cilansetron is an even better drug than Alosetron/Lotronex!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tina,Welcome to the board. Keep us updated when you can.------------------LET'S ALL PRAY FOR A CURE TO THIS IBS SOON!BETTIE

1 - 8 of 8 Posts