Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh my goodness..
I ate me some peanuts at work and holy heavens it caused me to shoot right to the bathroom about three hours after eating them.
Do peanuts trigger IBS? Goodness I guess peanuts are on my list of NO NO foods.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey ThereYes, Im not sure what it is about peanuts but I have problems with them too. Peanut butter is okay but not any raw peanuts. Popcorn too will have this effect on me, as it contains a large amount of fibre!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Cassandrea & others - if you look at www....com they have got a "cheat sheet" which you can download and it contains the basic information for ibs eating as researched by Heather Van Vorous (a sufferer herself). I have found this site invaluable - the other thing to remember is that what some people cannot tolerate others can - I think that is the very nature of ibs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Peanuts get me sometimes, it seems like some foods cause more of a problem as specific times. FOr instance, I love popcorn and thought it helped my D, but the lists all say NO. Who knows - better to stay away.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.