Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, well in short I've had IBS for about 2 years, and more recently acid reflux. I have learnt to cope with most of my symptoms but there is one that no matter what, nothings helps. Once a week I get this usually quite dull ache about an inch to the left of my belly button. It starts off further up, but after a few hours it stays there, for about 2 days usually. What I eat doesn't seem to affect it. It's there when I wake up but not as bad. Exercise doesn't seem to affect it either.Help! It's stopping me from going out
My doctor just says it's IBS and there's not a lot he can do. I've tried anti-spasomodic medicines but they don't help me.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Have you been back to the doctor to report the antispasmodics do not help and it is bad enough it stops you from doing things?Usually the next step medication wise is low does antidepressants (change how the pain nerves over react not just mood nerves and they don't know what the drug's classification is, they work on all nerves they can work on).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion Diana, but I have in fact managed to bruise my stomach pretty severely (it used to be mottled dark purple and 4 months later is still not much better) from using hot water bottles pretty much constantly! So I'm trying to use them less. Plus you can't really drag them around with you conveniently (I've tried).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.