Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fairly often,get a dull ache in my stomach that lasts for several hours, a long time after I have eaten and had a good bm. I have had all the tests and have been diagnosed with ibs. I am both c and d. Does anyone else get this sort of thing?

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Pain and discomfort are a big part of the symptomology of IBS.The pain may vary from dull to sharp, may be mild to severe, may be present constantly or intermittently, and may occur in any location in the abdomen. It seems to depend on just how your intestines spasm, or react, or how the nerve implulses that say normal things are happening are mucked up.Currently I tend to get a dull ache if I don't take any medication, but when the IBS flared up bad the pain was more of the sharp take your breath away double you over kinda pain.K.------------------I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html [This message has been edited by kmottus (edited 06-29-2001).]

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Pain and discomfort are a big part of the symptomology of IBS.The pain may vary from dull to sharp, may be mild to severe, may be present constantly or intermittently, and may occur in any location in the abdomen. It seems to depend on just how your intestines spasm, or react, or how the nerve implulses that say normal things are happening are mucked up.Currently I tend to get a dull ache if I don't take any medication, but when the IBS flared up bad the pain was more of the sharp take your breath away double you over kinda pain.K.------------------I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html [This message has been edited by kmottus (edited 06-29-2001).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.