Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a nurse and had a patient tonight with the eaxt symptoms I have. Major cramping and bad diarrhea after eating, the GI doctor told her she had dumping syndrome. He said she should eat 5 or 6 small meals a day and lie down afterwards for half an hour. Does anyone know anything about this. I've had this problem since I had my gallbladder removed. Thanks for any info!!Crystal

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Yep! I have this too. When they take out your gallbladder bile is basically directly dumped in to your intestines. In our cases, too much. Causing the pain and diarrhea.I just started taking Questran two days ago. So far it is a complete miricle for me! It binds the bile in your intestines, stopping the D and the pain. I'd give it a try, I can't say enough good things about it. I think it works exceptionally well for those of us with their gallbladders removed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WOW, Thanks for the quick response. Do you have to get the questran from the doctor or can you get it over the counter? Also, which foods bother you the most? I have a huge problem with salads especially. Thanks for the help.Crystal

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
quote:I doctor told her she had dumping syndrome... I've had this problem since I had my gallbladder removed.
quote:Yep! I have this too. When they take out your gallbladder bile is basically directly dumped in to your intestines.
This is not dumping syndrome. Dumping syndrome refers to food that is dumped from the stomach into the small intestine. It has nothing to do with gall bladder removal.The condition you are referring to is known as postcholecystectomy syndrome. You can read more about it here: http://www.emedicine.com/med/topic2740.htm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.