Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do most of us might be dx wrong is my?Iam still stuck on this liver thing for some reason cant get it off my mind even though the classic symtoms of liver dease and ibs are almost the same i have read alot of us get pain in the upper right hand side and thats sighns of liver are gallbladder problems to me and thats where i have my pain even though i have never been yellow in skin color but they say that dont happen tell its late in the end stage of liver dease but i was reading on dysfunctional liver syndrome what makes me thing this way about it is that i have had weightloss bowell problems mainly d nausea and gas this is the first sighns of liver problems as well as ibs my fecal fat was a little high normal is 6.0 mine was 6.8 but gi doc said we only worry about when its in the tens had a mild hi alt on liver pannel come back alt was 69 normal was 50 but then got tested for hep a-b-c then liver fuctions went to normal and neg for hep a-b-c still had the problems got a hidascan with cck and two ultrsounds came back normal still having problems next test colonscopy and endoscopy with biopys normal but a little mild inflammtion of large colon do to prep had a few more labs cbc sedrate and another liver pannel all normal but white blood cells a little hi stayed hi for almost a month then went to normal still having the problems gi doc just order the camera pill and upper gi with follow threw iam not sure when to call it quits all i want is a biopys of my liver and i cant get no doctor to do one with normal liver fuctions coming back everything i read about liver problems is that you can have normal liver fuctions and still have liver problems and the only true dx is a biopys of the liver i still think my problem is not ibs but more liver in related but gi doc still thinks diffrent sould i trust my gi docs dx are thinking are keep looking i have had a second opion and that gi doc said the same thing

·
Registered
9,141 Posts
Not to mention i have seen a diabetic with a organ transplantation who can eat *anything* now without disconfort.I don't remember if it was liver or pancreas transplantation tho.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
If it was for diabetes I would think it would be the pancreas that is the organ that is malfunctioning in diabetes.They would only biopsy the liver with normal liver function tests if you had some symptoms that really indicated liver problems, like jauntice.K.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
White blood cells help fight infection in your body. Causes of an elevated white count could be from Infection (mild inflammation in your colon), Certain medications, such as corticosteroids, antibiotics or anti-seizure drugs, and severe physical or emotional stress. There's a couple more causes but why scare you?If you were tested for Hep a,b,c and they came back negative, and got a second opinion, I think you can relax about your liver. I had a liver Biopsy and it wasn't that bad but why put yourself through more stress if there isn't a need for it. Note on the Camera pill, I had this test a few months back and it was a waste. It did not leave my stomach when it was supposed to. This happens sometimes. Spas recommends you lay on your right side to get it out of your stomach, but my doc did not tell me to do that. Hope you find out what is wrong with you and I hope it can be easily fixed.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
LOL Brett
I think a short term infection might effect liver enzymes as well as white blood count. Quite a few things can make them slightly elevated for a short period of time. If you tested anyone long enough you would eventually find them elevated but when they go right back to normal it usually is a sign it is not an ongoing longterm liver problem. What would be abnormal is for all blood tests to be totally normal every single time you were tested your whole life. Lots of things effect those tests, so everyone has a few blips here and there. They tend to be more interested when something goes off then stays off.Here is a list of things that can elevate the liver enzymes, and many of them are short term things, a few are serious.
quote:Common causes of elevated liver enzymes include:Medications, such as certain nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, cholesterol-lowering medications, antibiotics and anti-seizure medications Drinking too much alcohol Obesity Diabetes Elevated triglycerides Infection, such as viral hepatitis and mononucleosis Autoimmune disorders of the liver and bile ducts, such as autoimmune hepatitis and primary sclerosing cholangitis and primary biliary cirrhosis Metabolic liver disease, such as hemochromatosis and Wilson's disease Excessive use of vitamin supplements and certain herbal supplements Tumors of the liver or bile ducts
That is why they often want to redo the tests, what makes them go up can be something that isn't even related to liver disease.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i have had the heptic pannel done eight more times in the past year after that one that was a little hi and all eight where normal just that first test i had done was a little hi but like my gi doc said when its in the hundreds it causes red flags and as well as for the fecal fat study he says there is no need to redo that test since mine was not that hi if i could get this nausea and loss of wanting to eat and always sleepy to go away i would be fine its the nausea that gets me the most my d has been pretty much gone now for over a month and my bowells are normal brett i will as the tech ? before i do the camera pill to make sure i get the best out of it

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
will do i have a family memeber with crohns and she has had it since she was 11 she was in a flare and docs didnt even know it with all the tests untill they did the camera pill on here and they cought the flare with the camera pill!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
quote:jaundiced
i never have been yellow are nothing like that but what you are telling me what your gi doctor is telling you that you might have there is a very hi chance there would be some kind of change in your heptic pannel are there are other things that can show sighs of auto hep like one blood test thats pretty good for auot hep is a sedrate test and a few others that i forgot what they where but i have had them ran as well but as far as auto hep there is a great change someone in your family could have it its kinda like chrons but it goes after the liver and if your gi doctor thinks it was one of them things that would warent a biopy you have a 1-10000 chance of having problems from a biopy of your liver and i think its even lower now with the help of a utrasound to help make sure the needle goes in right i just know all this stuff from some very well known liver chat forums with people with end stage liver dease and as well auto hep wich is very rare

·
Registered
247 Posts
Ever heard of Porphyria? Few doctors are aware of this group of conditions:http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.f...l=pubmed_docsum but it has been noted that the symptoms sometimes meet the criteria for IBS. From what I understand the Mayo Clinic is the only facility in the US currently offering testing. Unfortunate because the limited study that has been done indicates this group of liver conditions may be fairly common. If you have a good doctor, you might talk with him or her about porphyria.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.