Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does any 1 else have experience of foul smelling stool first thing in morning that float after eating breakfast that smell awful and contain bits of food is it my IBS or anxiety. The reason i ask is it is explosive and then the pain starts in upper abdomen i only eat porridge and the last couple of days its got worse only taking ads nothing else seems to help no antispasmodics have been diagnosed with an overactive gallbladder, waiting to see consultant again to see about this. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
THe colon has a burst of activity around the time you get up whether you eat or not, no matter what food you eat.The smell isn't caused by activity, everyone's stool smells so that doesn't really tell you much. Floating usually has to do with how much gas is trapped in the stool. If you have sulfur reducing bacteria predominating in your colon (which is one of the normal things to be in there) you will have more smell than if other bacteria predominate. Everyone's stool has undigested bits of food in it. How big they are depends on how much you chew your food.Morning issues are pretty common in IBS and is not a sure sign of something else.Have you tried the Calcium Carbonate with every meal thing?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks 4 the reply in the uk sorry 2 appear ignorant what products in the uk contain calcium carbonate its the abdo pain and gurgling that hurt the most in my case

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks cherrypie09 will get some when am next in Belfast live in the sticks so shops a fair distance away

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.