Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know they say eat your greens, fruit etc what fruits should i eat that are not going to make me look even fatter (if thats poss) I know bananas contain potassium (god i hope they do as ill look like a right nutjob) I have been stuffing my trap with seedless green grapes and they are lovely, and its better for me to eat fruit rather than a choc bar.Is it actually possible to gain weight by eating fruit? any help is as usual appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
It is a matter of calories in and calories out.Not which food group the calories came from.However, it is generally harder to gain weight eating a lot of fruits and vegetables that have a lot of volume for the calories you get vs calorie dense low volume junk food.http://www.askdrsears.com/html/4/t042600.asp lists which fruits tend to be colon friendly (so should be less likely to bloat you).K.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I love some fruit, but after a while get's boring! Not the same as munching on a lovely choccie bar!
But still, I know fruit is better for me, so I tend to stick to grapes, melon and Cherries. Lovely. Also love Strawberries, but avoid them like the plague for fear of a D attack after!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts