Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,I am swinging wildly from D to C these days. I just checked out www....com and read about eating soluble fiber, including white bread, pasta, and rice. I'M SO CONFUSED!!! I thought those were supposed to be bad triggers!?!If anyone out there has tried "Eating For IBS" (based on the info on www....com or on the book that is promoted there), please let me know how it worked out for you!Thanks!Linda

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
White anything...flour, pasta, or rice can work different ways for different people at different times. In other words, you're confused because it IS CONFUSING!Here's the way it works for me (actual milage varies). Whenever I have constipation (which is rare), I think that adding the processed white stuff causes the gut to get herky-jerky. Those white things tend to constipate normal people, but in us, I think it temporarily blocks things and then the gut decides it's time to spasm and clean house in a big way.Whenever I have the big D and gas (all too common recently), the whole wheat bread and whole wheat pasta keep the D and G going and I have to switch to the white bread and pasta. I do, however, continue to eat brown rice. Success brand boil in a bag is a fairly soft brown rice that tastes and smells very nutty and nice....and it's cheap at Super Walmart.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts