Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does eating nuts cause anyone to get constipated and/or cause the stools to get hard like rocks? I've been eating alot of trail mix lately and I have had "rocks" that have irritate my rectum (even a stand of blood today). How do you turn the stool from hard to normal---is it with a fiber supplement like Metamusil or Perdium?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I've noticed constipation if I eat too many nuts.Suggest you take metamucil - check the labels and get the one with the fewest additives - to get things moving again, and stop eating so many nuts. They're over-rated.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
I've noticed constipation if I eat too many nuts.Suggest you take metamucil - check the labels and get the one with the fewest additives - to get things moving again, and stop eating so many nuts. They're over-rated.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
All my life, I remember nuts always coming out whole. I try to stick with peanut butter, and I do well with both nuts and nut butters. They do have fiber and should not cause C by themselves. C is caused by what you DON'T eat, not what you DO.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
All my life, I remember nuts always coming out whole. I try to stick with peanut butter, and I do well with both nuts and nut butters. They do have fiber and should not cause C by themselves. C is caused by what you DON'T eat, not what you DO.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Some information on nuts.Nuts are high in carbo's and oil.Actually sunflower seeds could be good for C. http://www.vegsoc.org/info/nutsseeds.html This does not go into some details on nuts and fats, but has some interesting info on nutrition of nuts.Probably not the greatest thing to eat excess aamount of if you have IBS. Some are tough to digest and that maybe why your backed up.Fiber suppplement soften the stool and make it easier to pass. Konsyl has the most fiber in it.There are two kinds of fiber soluable and non soluable and its good to get both kinds.------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forumI work with Mike and the IBS Audio Program. www.ibshealth.com www.ibsaudioprogram.com

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Some information on nuts.Nuts are high in carbo's and oil.Actually sunflower seeds could be good for C. http://www.vegsoc.org/info/nutsseeds.html This does not go into some details on nuts and fats, but has some interesting info on nutrition of nuts.Probably not the greatest thing to eat excess aamount of if you have IBS. Some are tough to digest and that maybe why your backed up.Fiber suppplement soften the stool and make it easier to pass. Konsyl has the most fiber in it.There are two kinds of fiber soluable and non soluable and its good to get both kinds.------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forumI work with Mike and the IBS Audio Program. www.ibshealth.com www.ibsaudioprogram.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.