Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am new here. I've suffered from IBS related issues for basically what seems like my entire life - since about 12 years old (I am now 24). I am 6' 0" and 175 lbs. Bloating and abdominal pain have ruled my life during this time. It's made me extremely neurotic and obsessed with finding out what is wrong but it seems like a never ending story at this point.

Had a colonoscopy two years ago, all came back fine as well as the post blood work and biopsies. I do have a self-diagnosed eating disorder, binge eating - which is what my question is about.

I have had binge eating issues for a long time as well, probably the entire 12 years. When I binge it's usually emotional, but I've learned to deal with it about 50% of the time mentally, the other 50% i still can't help it. After binging, I'm often extremely bloated from the time I wake up the next morning to when I go to bed - I also do not eat for this time. Bloated to the point that I can not function, although I still carry myself through out my day almost like a robot due to how uncomfortable it makes me. Eating makes it worse, not eating makes it worse too, drinking water makes it worse as well.

Does anyone know of any advice on this? What can I eat to de-stress during these times that won't make me more uncomfortable? It seems hormone related, because it's nearly uncontrollable. Looking for information related to hormones & remedies for this issue.

I'm sure some of you can relate, and obviously the simple solution would be to stop binging. I wish it was that easy.

Thank you for your time,

R

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.