Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Anything that promises and easy permanent cure for IBS I would avoid.At least a few of them seem to make you pay to find out they recommend calcium or magnesium supplements (which are not a cure, but treat the symptoms and you have to take them to keep the symptoms under control) and you can find all that information here. I've yet to see one that looks like it has any secret knowledge. Heck I think I've seen one that made you pay money to find out what his doctor prescribed for him. It all seems to be the same info you can find on this board for free.Generally I think most ebooks are things that a real publisher isn't willing to publish. Either they are poorly written or they say nothing new. However with enough hype on a website you can get people to pay for just about anything.I would look at our books link http://www.ibsgroup.org/books and spend your money there. Many of the books there are written by known health professionals, but if you'd rather just some random person with a web site that has the same boilerplate advertising hype every other miracle for everything else has, you are free to do that.
Just remember the old adage about if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. The con artists know people with IBS are desperate, that is why so many of them target their products at us. Even when you could get the same information for free, or buy the same ingredients much cheaper at your local pharmacy or health food store.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.