Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apart from normal childhood ailments, I was quite a healthy kid. When I was 20 I underwent a long period of stress (my father was extremely ill). I developed exzema which was found to be an intolerance to dairy products and eggs. I was on an exclusion diet for 4 years, and that did the trick. Shortly after that my father died and I was under extreme and continual pressure at work, this is when I developed IBS-D. Is there a link?????Elly

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Traumatic experiences can trigger thyroid disorders - of which eczema, dry skin, C or D is a symptom. Have you had a thyroid blood test?

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
elly,My son has Eczema but didn't have it until he started working at the resturant, as a dishwasher. He is autistic and so still works there (15 years now). I Had him to different Doctors but they could not find a cause. I thought it might be the corn syrup in the cola as he drinks a lot of it while at work. He also has IBS and gets D & or C at times, and lots of gas. Sure wish I knew what would help him. Diet might help but, I am not sure I could get him to follow a diet. He is 6'6" over 200# of muscle, so I can't force him to do anything. Some times he scratches til his skin is raw. K9Mom thanks for the information on thryoids, I will ask my Doctor about that next time I go there.------------------Prayer doesn't change God , it changes the one who prays..C type, with G

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Hi Elly:I've had eczema on and off throughout my adult life, but IBS only this past year. So for me the two weren't connected.Mine flares up on my hands whenever I use certain shampoos, or other chemicals, so I have to be careful. The palms of my hands will dry so badly they crack and bleed. Fortunately the spells don't happen that often anymore.You're lucky you discovered what starts it off!JeanG

·
Registered
23,983 Posts

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Thanks for these articles, Eric.
I'm trying to figure out where I fit in. I get it mainly on the palms of my hands and fingers, but years ago I went through a spell where I had the patches all over my chest and back. It took a log time to clear up, and thankfully that part hasn't happened again.I have discolored patches on the palms of my hands where I've scratched them during flareups.Thanks again!
JeanG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts