Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning, Afternoon and Night,I was wondering if any one has identified a correlation between sleep habits and colon habits. For instance I have found that when I don�t get enough sleep (less than 6 hours) in a night the next day my IBS (or colon at least) seems to be off. This often has a resulting effect of �D�.Has anyone else found a correlation here or have there been studies done on Sleep and Colon activity?Just curious! Have a HAPPY DAY!KARL

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Karl, fuuny I was just thinking this today. yes there is a big connection and yes they have done a lot of sleep studies in IBS.For one the more tired you are the more it effects how you deal with IBS and how you body reacts to things.In pubmed if you type in sleep in IBS you can read the studies.Sleep is crucial for good body and mind function.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
by the way the same applies to excersise which is important to colon function also.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
My IBS (at lease the D swings) is definately worse when I don't get enough sleep, and strangely the C swings are bad if I get too MUCH sleep! ack!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts