Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dunnyrunner's post about hyping caltrate got me to thinking. I have noticed that a number of women really have found relief from caltrate, but the men don't respond to the posts. Now, it could be just that guys aren't as forthcoming as the gals, but I was wondering...Maybe LNAPE knows.How many of your guys have tried that caltrate, and what has your success been?

G

·
I started Caltrate several months ago and it seemed to help for a couple months but then tapered off. I am taking Cilansetron right now and that is helping immensely, but I continue taking Caltrate to be sure. Maybe the calcium is effective only on women. Maybe this has something to do with the fact that women need more calcium than men as they age.???

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
Lefty,My experience is that most men are not as likely to take the calcium on a regular basis as women. I know my husband for sure can be crawling with a bad back and he will say he is okay and not take his meds. And men can also get osteoporsis. How about a survey with a quick answer on if you are a man taking calcium regularly or a women and if it helps.woman, 2to 3 a day and boy does it help.Linda

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hi Bogey and welcome!!
Caltrate works for the "D" type. As you may have been reading, it works differently for everyone. But it can't hurt you, so what the heck - give it a try!!!P.S. A Harley Lover!!!! Yippee!!!!

G

·
I've been taking calcium+minerals for about 8 months, three times a day or less, and am doing extremely well. I was able to go back to the classroom as a sub for the last 8 weeks of this year [wearing pullups every day and no emergencies] Just completed a 2000 mile trip down to the Smokies and back in our 19' motorhome and again [no pull-ups]no emergencies. Cooked mostly our own foods or had fast food lunches if more convenient.I'm male and sometimes my posts come up as TB's, sometimes as Boots. I see my user name changed while I typed this in. Strange!

G

·
Hey TorpedoButt:Glad to see youre into Harley's. I really enjoy mine. I just took mine to the shop to add some more chrome!!!!

G

·
I recall reading somewhere that calcium is also helpful in relieving PMS for women... whether this is true hard to say. I am a female type D and caltrate has done nothing for me but it can't hurt me either my bones will thank me later in life. Does it have to be Specifically Caltrate or just Calcium?------------------I may seem angry 'cause I amI might sound sad 'cause I amMy words may ring with joybecause I am glad,The beauty is that I AM!!!I AM!!I AM!!--- Hope

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
Hope the calcium can be another brand but you should get one with the Caltrate Plus ingredients. It is the most helpful for ibs diarrhea it also has some minerals and vitamin d in it which must do something.Ingredients are:Vitamin D 200 IUCalcium 600 Mg (Calcium Carbonate)Magnesium 40 MGZinc 7.5 MGCopper 1 MGManganese 1.8 MGBoron 250 mcgIf you have not been using the caltrate brand 3 times a day you should switch to it. I know you say it isn't helping you but maybe this is the reason. Get the one in the purple and white box and try it. There is something different with this one that may help you as it is others.Let me know if I can help.Linda LNAPE###AOL.COM

1 - 10 of 10 Posts