Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried an elimination diet. I was put on one last week, no dairy, wheat, onions, caffeine and other things. Am allowed to eat rice and veg but am now getting even worse D than before. I am supposed to start introducing different foods next week and monitor if they make me worse. It cant get any worse! Liquid plop morning, noon and night. Help!

·
Registered
17 Posts
My GP told me to cut out caffeine, and the first day I did I got horrific headaches all day, so I've gone back to 1 mug and 1 cup per day (it used to be about 5 mugs per day). My bad foods vary, one day a packet of crisps can cause a reaction, other days chili con carne doesnt. Strange illness this.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My GP told me to cut out caffeine, and the first day I did I got horrific headaches all day, so I've gone back to 1 mug and 1 cup per day (it used to be about 5 mugs per day). My bad foods vary, one day a packet of crisps can cause a reaction, other days chili con carne doesnt. Strange illness this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was on an elimination diet and noticed I felt better not eating wheat. I have tried to cut wheat out of my diet the best I can, but even then I still have HORRIBLE bouts of gas pains and D to the point that I almost pass out and actually did pass out once from the pain. It's hard to know what foods will trigger it. I could go all day not eating a trigger food and still end up in the bathroom in horrible pain!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was on an elimination diet and noticed I felt better not eating wheat. I have tried to cut wheat out of my diet the best I can, but even then I still have HORRIBLE bouts of gas pains and D to the point that I almost pass out and actually did pass out once from the pain. It's hard to know what foods will trigger it. I could go all day not eating a trigger food and still end up in the bathroom in horrible pain!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.