1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,730 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks again Mike. But isn't there any info on the internet I could read? I hadn't really wanted to buy a book, but will if I have to. Thanks again.I know, I'm posting a lot!

·
Banned
8,831 Posts
The simplest elimination diet is where you have plain baked or broiled chicken and boiled rice and bottled water for a week-most people don’t have digestive problems with this-and if there are no symptoms slowly add other items to your diet one at a time every 3 days. If they cause problems eliminate them and try other items

·
Registered
927 Posts
I think the best way to go about it is to eat only foods made by you. Then you know there is nothing hidden in them. I live basically on grilled chicken salads with no dressing, homeade oat bran muffins and I substitute rice milk for regular milk, peaches, pears, carrots, potatoes, cucumbers, raspberries, strawberries, apples, apple juice, water, red meat occasionally, any drink 100% juice with no added sugar...The most common sensitivities are soy, wheat, cow's milk, peanuts, yeast, sugar, corn.many reasons why peope become intolerent of these foods is because they are everywhere.For instance I cannot have dairy or soy. Almost EVERYTHING has at least one of those as an ingredient, from salad dressings to canned soups...STAY AWAY from foods you eat on a regular basisIf you are not allergic to shellfish or seafood.and don't eat it very often..fish is good to eat (I hate it personally...lol).Stay away from processed meats..no hot dogs, or cold cuts, cured ham or corn beef. Grilled Chicken would be a good bet.Eat any vegetables that you do not think triggers your IBS...EXCEPT for Tomatoes and corn. These are triggers for many people so they are good to stay away from while you are deciding.As hard as it is...I am still trying to stick to a reaction-free diet I will tell you it is very tough...I guess finding foods without dairy and soy leave buying anything other than a grilled chicken salad out (on work days when I don't have time to be an ingredient detective...or cook for myself).You should stay on a very strict diet, I thik they say for two to three weeks and gradualy add something to your diet a day at a time. Another good book I have found is Elson Haas' book...The False Fat Diet. He has a lot of the sensitive-seven-free diets. It cost me $6.99 at a book store (softcover) but you may be able to get it used on Amazon for less. The book cleared up a lot of the mystery for me. It is written in plain English and it reads very easily. I know you said you didn't want to buy but figured I would recomment one in case you need a hand trying to find out what you can eat.Good luck,Kari

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.