Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK,I have found a spot, down *there* when i was in the shower the other day (well, im assuming its a spot-just a small lump at the mo) and it is really sore!Does anyone have any ideas what it could be and how i can sort it?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Spliff,There are several things I know of that it could be. It is possible to get varicose type veins there that will cause a sore lump. There are glands that can get blocked causing a sore lump. Also, various STD's can cause that symptom as well. Also, if it is where there is hair, it could just be an ingrown hair. If it doesn't get better in a few days, I would suggest you go have it checked out. There are just so many things it could be, most are nothing major, but it is always better to know.I hope this helps!Laura

·
Registered
236 Posts
I've gotten 'em too. For me, they're harmless and go away eventually. I think my doc explained that they were ingrown hair infections or benign cyst-like bumps that puss when you squeeze 'em and sometimes are very painful then itchy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've had those "owie bumps" too. I agree with the hot wash cloth idea. Or better yet, soak in tub (hot water). Mine burst by the next day and was gone the day after that. If it doesn't go away, def. get it checked!

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
My sister had what was called a sebaceous cyst down there. It turned out to be nothing serious, and after some soaking in the tub in epsom salt, on the advice of the dr, it went away.Hope you feel better Spliff.Jeanne

·
Registered
7 Posts
Whatever you do, DON'T squeeze it or try to poke it to drain it! I did that a few yrs back, and by that night, i had chills and fever and the thing that started the size of a pea, got SIX inches long. I had blood poisoning and cellulitis and it almost killed me. I had to be hospitalized for two weeks, have surgery and had to be on IV antibiotics that cost $1500 a bagfull every 8 hrs!!!!! Now, when i get one of those lumps, i hot pack it and also use triple antibiotic ointment and table salt on a bandaid (if its on the outside) and go to the doc and get antibiotics. It was a very hard and painfull lesson to learn and almost cost me my life. Be very carefull with those things and never, ever squeeze it or mess with it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.