Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there have emetophobia (fear of vomiting), and have been pregnant? How did you cope? Did you get morning sickness and if so, did you really get used to it like other women say they do? How do you take care of your children without worrying you will catch a stomach flu? And how do you take care of your children so that they don't develop your fear from seeing you panic?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have 2 teenagers, and did not vomit with either one. I did gag every morning when I brushed my teeth, and retched only once but nothing came up. I considered myself extremely lucky. I couldn't eat in the morning but alway drank a glass of milk with Nestle's Quik in it to keep something in my stomach, and that helped with the nausea. I never did have really bad nausea. Both kids had their share of stomach flu when they were little, and I took care of them because no one else would. Lazy hubbby. Anyway, I was always terrified when I would wake out of a sound sleep and hear them being sick in their bed. Really scarey time for me. I would clean them up, then go back to bed and wait for the next round, which always came 'cause kids rarely vomit only once. I realize now that I would have a panic attack every time, laying in bed breathing hard, shaking like a leaf and having diarrea. I didn't know that's what it was then. I was so glad when the kids were old enough to make it to the bathroom themselves. I still can't be in the room when my daughter vomits, as she did a couple of weeks ago, 7 times in one day. Flu, I guess. She understands that I can't be there with her, and thinks it's funny, fake retching in my face and watching me jump and scream. Very funny. It hasn't gotten any easier, but thankfully neither hubby nor I vomit hardly ever. Over 15 years now for both of us. I still run when I think anyone is anywhere near being sick, just cannot stay anywhere near the situation. Instant panic. Celexa has helped somewhat. Good luck.Jennifer

·
Registered
429 Posts
I had morning sickness throughout my whole entire 9 months! I wasn't scared because it was just my husband and I. I would get sick in the morning right when I would wake up. I would always make it to the bathroom and my husband always knew to go at get me some Sprite and crackers. I would feel better after doing it and would go on about my regular day's bussiness. It was really nothing for me and I just considered getting sick part of the daily routine. If I didn't get sick, then I would get worried. But as far as far being scared, no, because I knew that I had a precious little one inside of me that I had to take care and had great love for!Brandi

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.