Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a particularly bad day and has been bad for some weeks, I am tired of this, my life has been disrupted, I don't know that I can take any more. Any men out there feel the same way?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Ksguy,YES!!!! You are not alone. I'm a guy as well and my IBS-D has flared up again over the last month. This after a rather long remission. I haven't had any bad symptoms in close to 5 years. (A few here and there but nothing serious.) Recently after a 2 month period of Generalize Anxiety my IBD kicked in. I am a very active and out going person. IBS can try to put a big hamper on my activies. That tends to lead to depression. I am trying something new this time however..I'M NOT LETTING IT CONTROL ME!!! I'm doing everything I would do if this wasn't bothering me. I just make sure I always have my immodium with me. Everyone I know knows about mu condition...so if I have to spend time in the bathroom they understand. That alone releaves some of the stress.It will tend to get me down when I have to run to the bathroom though. But I keep on with my activies. Hopefully that will help break the cycle.It will get better...hang in there.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Ksguy,YES!!!! You are not alone. I'm a guy as well and my IBS-D has flared up again over the last month. This after a rather long remission. I haven't had any bad symptoms in close to 5 years. (A few here and there but nothing serious.) Recently after a 2 month period of Generalize Anxiety my IBD kicked in. I am a very active and out going person. IBS can try to put a big hamper on my activies. That tends to lead to depression. I am trying something new this time however..I'M NOT LETTING IT CONTROL ME!!! I'm doing everything I would do if this wasn't bothering me. I just make sure I always have my immodium with me. Everyone I know knows about mu condition...so if I have to spend time in the bathroom they understand. That alone releaves some of the stress.It will tend to get me down when I have to run to the bathroom though. But I keep on with my activies. Hopefully that will help break the cycle.It will get better...hang in there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.