Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went through a rough patch the past 2 weeks after experimenting with a multi vitamen that totally F'ed up my system. Im slowly but surely starting to feel better, and have backed off everything except my iron, grape seed extract, and flavanoid pills. The blood in my stool has calmed down (though i know i have a hemmroid still)... but the mucus is aweful. I feel like i have to go to the bathroom 20 times a day and 90% of the time only mucus comes out. It seems to trigger my bowels to go have a movement but its all mucus. Is there anything or anyway to help this? I didnt know of taking pepto bismal 2x a day would calm down the mucus? I want to stay away from imodeum because im trying to heal an inflamed hemmroid, but its hard to when i go to the bathroom 20x a day.HELP!!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Do you have cream/ointment for your hemmorhoid?also i find rubbing ice on my hemmorhoids if their badly swollen and inflamed can help to shrink it.I am not sure about the pepto bismal for mucus,i pass lots to on a weekly basis.Maybe someone else might be able to answer that for you,or you could ask your pharmicist.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My heart goes out to you. I have suffered from IBS for years! Sometimes it is less severe than others. Currently I'm having a really BAD time. I have the same problem with the mucus. It is very difficult for me to even leave the house because when the urge hits, it hits and there's not always a bathroom nearby. If you find anything that helps, I'd like to know about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.