Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how many of you were told you had endo. and then found out you didn't?i know of 2 woman on this BB who it happened to,and i don't want to be the third,but this is how it is looking for me.They think my right pain,that migrates to the left is endo.Pinching,etc. worse with the P and ovulation,those are my only symptoms.I am due to start hormones this week,i have my hands in the air right now wondering.They gave me Fem-Hrt,because it has less hormones in it than BC pills,so i said ok.My doctor really doesn't want to rush me for a lap before trying this,it will stop ovulation & the P eventually. Any opinions & help are really appreciated
Krissy

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Jan, your so sweet
i guess my wording should of been,were told they had endo & wound up to be just hormones & IBS,or were told it was IBS and wound up as endo. Thanks! K

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Jan, your so sweet
i guess my wording should of been,were told they had endo & wound up to be just hormones & IBS,or were told it was IBS and wound up as endo. Thanks! K

·
Registered
216 Posts
If a womens doctor just says she had endo then it is very possible that it could be a misdiagnosis. My gyno said that the only way to tell for sure if a woman has endo is through laporascopic surgery and that is how mine was found. I believe possibly another way to tell is if the persons has symptoms all month long and not just during her period.

·
Registered
216 Posts
If a womens doctor just says she had endo then it is very possible that it could be a misdiagnosis. My gyno said that the only way to tell for sure if a woman has endo is through laporascopic surgery and that is how mine was found. I believe possibly another way to tell is if the persons has symptoms all month long and not just during her period.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Lou, and thankyou for your reply
If you read this,i am curious,what your symptoms were? and how long you had them until diagnosed? I have all weird symptoms,mostly just pain,with me it seems that hormones also effect my bowels,so i think this is why my dr took this approach first.Thanks K

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Lou, and thankyou for your reply
If you read this,i am curious,what your symptoms were? and how long you had them until diagnosed? I have all weird symptoms,mostly just pain,with me it seems that hormones also effect my bowels,so i think this is why my dr took this approach first.Thanks K

·
Registered
216 Posts
Krissy, I was and still do get alot of pain with my period. My IBS is worse during too. I would get really tired and get a lot of low back pain. During laporascopic surgery the doctor can remove some of the endo but it will eventually come back. There is no cure but I have heard that birth control pills help a little. The only made me feel sicker. Good-Luck and take care.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Krissy, I was and still do get alot of pain with my period. My IBS is worse during too. I would get really tired and get a lot of low back pain. During laporascopic surgery the doctor can remove some of the endo but it will eventually come back. There is no cure but I have heard that birth control pills help a little. The only made me feel sicker. Good-Luck and take care.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi again Lou, and thanks for writing again,i am going on hormone pills to try to keep it under control,as i was already told,if i were to have the surgery,it will 90% grow back in 3 months anyways,if i do indeed have it.I will have to see what happens while on the med and keep my fingers crossed. Can you tell me where your pain is?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi again Lou, and thanks for writing again,i am going on hormone pills to try to keep it under control,as i was already told,if i were to have the surgery,it will 90% grow back in 3 months anyways,if i do indeed have it.I will have to see what happens while on the med and keep my fingers crossed. Can you tell me where your pain is?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.