Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been on any pills or meds since my lap in April 2001 (two years ago!). But PMS is starting to come back along with IBS-D
Are there any new pills or treatments that I don't know about?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Wow, time sure flies! I think I remember when you had your last lap. (I registered on the board with my other id in early 2001.)I'm not sure about new treatments, but I think it's great that you had relief for almost two years.
My periods are so horrible, I can't imagine going back to the long, heavy, clotty period with 2-3 full days of agonizing cramps, which is what I had before I went on the pill 7 years ago. With the pill I get shorter, lighter periods with less clots, and the cramps are only really bad for one day, and they don't get as bad as they did pre-pill. I also have prescription painkillers that I didn't have back when I was in junior high and wished I'd just pass out or something because the cramps hurt so bad and so long.Unless there's some significant change after pregnancy or a lap, I can't imagine not being on the pill or something similar except for when I"m trying to conceive. Without the pill I'd be missing work 1 or probably 2 days a month with cramps and being pretty miserable for about the first 4 days of my period. The only good thing was I was pretty regular even without the pill so I usually knew which days to not schedule anything important!(Sorry to go into so much about me!)Depending on how bad your IBS-D is, Lotronex is back, which is really awesome for me
Best wishes

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Luna, Thanks for the reply! Although I am getting the pain back (and skipping work one day a month), my periods are getting MUCH shorter. LIke I only bleed for 2 or 3 days!! It's really nice, but I also wonder if I am going into early perimenopause (I am only 30).On another note (regarding BCP)...I want to have kids one day so I don't want to stay on the pill forever. (I was on the pill from 16 to 28). I also worry about breast cancer.I guess I can try Lotornex or get back on the Bentyl for a bit.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Sometimes I wonder about the effects of being on the pill for years and years... seems like drs are mixed on whether it's OK or not...Lotronex is awesome, but I don't think you can take it while pregnant or breastfeeding... so basically whenever I am ready for children, with all the medicines that help me now that I wouldn't be taking, it could be a rough pregnancy. I'm not sure if I'll be able to work much if I get morning sickness AND lots of D!So much to think about...

·
Registered
446 Posts
I just had a lap done 3 weeks ago. Had lots of scar tissue removed from the endo. Since I'm 37 and would like to get pregnant soon I'm going on Lupron injections for 6 months to get rid of the endo. The endo is a killer I had a fibroid the size of lemon that it killed it just didn't like anything competing with it I guess LOL. But don't forget endo does a lot of things to your body it's probably just that screwing around with your cycles. I know It loves to mess me up. I'm dealing with PMS pain right now never had that before....

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi , i've been ill for years with my periods. i started when i was 11 years old and i only had 1 a year. that worried me so just befor i got married i went on hormone tabs and Fell preg with my little boy. After he was born again no periods and i wanted another baby , so i took the fertilty drug i had my little gril. the thing is the Hospital are now looking for Endo , i am sooo worried and i am not sure i fit the bill if you no what i mean. I dont want to take the pill at all. here are some of the things i go through every month.10 days / 2 weeks tummy ache.never knowing when i am due i go between 28 / 44 days.headachebackachelegs weakibs c / dflushesfirst part very heavy and clotsclumyshurts to situnable to sleep if any of you go through this i would love to here from you. Heidi :love:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Heidi,I have many of the symtpoms you describe, but some of them are not caused my endometriosis. In my case, the infrequent periods and hot flashes were caused by polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). Since I started taking the birth control pill, which I had to take for the PCOS, many of those symptoms have disappeared.I see you mentioned you don't want to take the pill, so maybe that's not an option for you. It's good that you're having the problem looked into. Hopefully, you will find something to help you out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.